Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Heisman finalists - Smith, Quinn, McFadden (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=276960)

Colt McCoy 12-07-2006 10:12 AM

Re: Heisman finalists - Smith, Quinn, McFadden

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, whoever drafts Quinn next year is going to take him several rounds too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Graduating at the right time is going to make him a whole lot of money.

Colt McCoy 12-07-2006 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So when can I start my Raymell Rice for 2007 Heismen thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see him in the running.

DrewDevil 12-07-2006 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, whoever drafts Quinn next year is going to take him several rounds too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree, I think he absolutely has all the tools to be a top notch NFL QB.

I have watched every one of the ND games the past 2 years (my wife is a domer, so I'm forced to), and he has great poise, great decisionmaking, and that unteachable "NFL zip" on his throws.

He's not a lock to be a star (who is?), but he has just as much potential as any QB in the draft this year or last, including Leinart.

Thremp 12-07-2006 12:09 PM

Wasn't Quinn in the discussion to go ahead of several guys last year? He's pretty sick and got all the skillz to make it happen.

MyTurn2Raise 12-07-2006 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, Brennan nuked his chances with that subpar(for him) performance in the loss against Oregon State. He should be in the running in 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brennan is a result of the system. Do we want another Andre Ware, David Klinger, etc?

Watch him verse Oregon State and Alabama.

He's good, but no heisman.

Jeff W 12-07-2006 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, Brennan nuked his chances with that subpar(for him) performance in the loss against Oregon State. He should be in the running in 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brennan is a result of the system. Do we want another Andre Ware, David Klinger, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, why not? That's part of the fun of college football to me--that crazy schemes like the run & shoot, triple option, etc can be successful. Of course, it's quite clear that Troy Smith should win this year, but if Brennan has a better final game(he cam close to breaking several records) I think he deserves an invite.

The Heismann is as much about hype and excitement as actually awarding the best player.

Yes, I did watch the Oregon State game, that was his worst game of the season. I don't think the 'Bama game was televised here.

TomCollins 12-07-2006 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brady put up great numbers this year against very good opposition. What do you attribute his success to? He played USC, the second best team in the country by Sagarin, and also UCLA (25), Penn State (31), Georgia Tech (42), and Navy (51). In those five games, he was 115-189 for 1,417 yards with 11 TD and 0 INT.

Of course, he had one bad game against Michigan (3), 24-48 234 Yards 3 TD 3 INT, but Michigan is awfully good. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Bigdaddydvo 12-07-2006 07:55 PM

Eagerly awaiting the posts that say Brady Quinn shouldn't have been invited to New York. Bernie, are you there?

Tron 12-07-2006 08:09 PM

Brady Quinn shouldn't have been invited.

TomCollins 12-07-2006 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eagerly awaiting the posts that say Brady Quinn shouldn't have been invited to New York. Bernie, are you there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quinn clearly should be invited, but mainly due to lack of anyone else that good this year.