Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Justin Morneau wins AL MVP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265375)

neverforgetlol 11-21-2006 06:31 PM

Re: Justin Morneau wins AL MVP

mvp isn't just good stats, it's how much they feel the player carried the team (in this case, to win the al central). some of the players listed were on teams that went nowhere, like ortiz.

Scary_Tiger 11-21-2006 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hank Aaron award for best hitter in the league? Check
Gold Glove for best fielding SS in the league? Check
MVP? Chec...uhhhh what?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least the voters got 1 of the 3 right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I didn't realize Jeter won the Hank Aaron award. What a joke. Ugh.

Scary_Tiger 11-21-2006 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mvp isn't just good stats, it's how much they feel the player carried the team (in this case, to win the al central). some of the players listed were on teams that went nowhere, like ortiz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how'd A-Rod win? This [censored] is bananas. Ortiz won a ton of games for the Sox this year, and they were leading their division until they collapsed in that Yankees series at Fenway.

metsandfinsfan 11-21-2006 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how'd A-Rod win? This [censored] is bananas.

[/ QUOTE ]

cause the writers are morans. Or because there was no standout guy for mvp on a winning team that year (there may have been i dont remember)

edited to fix formating

Scary_Tiger 11-21-2006 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how'd A-Rod win? This [censored] is bananas.

[/ QUOTE ]

cause the writers are morans. Or because there was no standout guy for mvp on a winning team that year (there may have been i dont remember)

edited to fix formating

[/ QUOTE ]

And Justin Morneau is a standout guy? He's a middle of the pack first baseman this year. He had 6 homeruns after the all star break.

MoreWineII 11-21-2006 06:51 PM

Ortiz lol

SBR 11-21-2006 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ortiz lol

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, Ortiz would be as bad a pick as Morneau is.

By-Tor 11-21-2006 06:57 PM

who?

BigSoonerFan 11-21-2006 07:04 PM

I'm not one for conspiracies, but this seems like one. I wouldn't be surprised if someone polled the voters and then they semi-agreed on Morneau.

"I don't want to tell you how to vote, but some people who don't want Jeter to win are voting for JM." [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

kyleb 11-21-2006 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ortiz lolololololololololol

[/ QUOTE ]