Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Just got apartment # 5....3 more till retirment (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=264691)

RikaKazak 11-20-2006 08:01 PM

Re: Prop bet?

[ QUOTE ]
Rika,

Would you be down for a sick prop bet? We each put aside X amount of money. We can only use that money for real estate, and can't add to that money. End of 1 year person with the most amount of money from the start-up capital wins. You game?

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest challenges like this come up all the time. I'm personally not a big fan of them, because I'm so distracted.

What I mean by that: I still consider myself a professional poker player that is just active in investing...not someone that is an investor and does poker on the side (hope that makes sense)

Also I currently "manage" all of my places, so that means I'm dealing with evictions, people who piss on the carpet (read a past beat post by me) also people who sneak in dogs, etc. etc.

So for me to truely compete, I would need to give it all up (it's way more +EV for me to play poker, and be very passive in my investments, hiring a manager etc.)

Now if it's a "real estate" only thing...I'd lose, because I'm too active in other areas. If it's a competition in ANY area, then I might be interested. Cause right now, day trading and poker are HUGE %'s of my income...without them I'm really just a "modest" investor.

Chump Change 11-20-2006 08:05 PM

Re: Just got apartment # 5....3 more till retirment

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm.... Wow. So, if I may be so bold to ask, how did you come about owning 5 apartment complexes. Don't they cost, like, a bunch of money, even small ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker has been very kind to me this year. yes it can get expensive to "jump in" especially if you put 50% down (like I had to on my first place) but don't be intimidated. Start small...buy a single family home and rent it out if you want. Nothing wrong with "building up" I just kind of "jumped in" and was very much GOGOGOGOOGOGOGO [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also I made a bunch off of oil this year, so that was a nice boost [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, i'm pretty ignorant when it comes to real estate it would seem. My kneejerk response is imagining you plunking down the full price for a complex, without loans or any other system. But congrats, using the poker money and turning it into this is awesome.

However, my curiosity is piqued again and I have to ask about the oil. Story?

snowbank 11-20-2006 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rika,

Would you be down for a sick prop bet? We each put aside X amount of money. We can only use that money for real estate, and can't add to that money. End of 1 year person with the most amount of money from the start-up capital wins. You game?

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest challenges like this come up all the time. I'm personally not a big fan of them, because I'm so distracted.

What I mean by that: I still consider myself a professional poker player that is just active in investing...not someone that is an investor and does poker on the side (hope that makes sense)

Also I currently "manage" all of my places, so that means I'm dealing with evictions, people who piss on the carpet (read a past beat post by me) also people who sneak in dogs, etc. etc.

So for me to truely compete, I would need to give it all up (it's way more +EV for me to play poker, and be very passive in my investments, hiring a manager etc.)

Now if it's a "real estate" only thing...I'd lose, because I'm too active in other areas. If it's a competition in ANY area, then I might be interested. Cause right now, day trading and poker are HUGE %'s of my income...without them I'm really just a "modest" investor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still playing poker full time, and doing real estate on the side, so I think it would be a similar "time to devote matchup."

Oki-Oki 11-20-2006 08:19 PM

Nice work Rika, still working to pay off my first investment property.

schwah 11-20-2006 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can retire from poker, and live in the upper middle class. And once I pay them all off (in 15ish years without poker money, with poker money sooner) I can live in the lower upper class.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I even lol'd at myself...I'm such a dork.

What I meant from that...is I "think" to be officially in the rich class you have to break "1 million" a year...that's all I meant.

Upper class = > 1 million a year

Middle class = < million > like $30,000 in idaho I believe

So when I say upper middle class I'm talking $800,000ish a year...and lower upper class I mean like 1-1.5 million a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? upper middle class is no where near $800k/year. more like 75-100k in the US. 800k/yr is filthy rich. even 300k/yr puts you in the top 1%.

TheMetetron 11-20-2006 08:23 PM

Yeah dude you have skewed view. $800k a year is most definitely upper class.

Equal 11-20-2006 08:25 PM

Great wok Rika. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

zipppy 11-20-2006 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So when I say upper middle class I'm talking $800,000ish a year

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think this is middle class? In what area of the country? I'm not being rhetorical.

thanks, zip

poker_n00b 11-20-2006 08:32 PM

1) what games and limits you play

2) how much did ur 1st compex cost?

3) ur 5th?

4) how large is the risk in this business?

im jealous.

psyduck 11-20-2006 08:33 PM

Good work Riza, and yeah 800K a year is [censored] rich. It's like top 0.0001% or something. Upper middle class is 80K+ FOR A WHOLE FAMILY.

edit: RiKa, not Riza. I always think of your name as Rizakazak for some reason.