Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Got criticized by cts for this one (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=262014)

G_Dollaz 11-17-2006 01:35 AM

Re: Got criticized by cts for this one

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest mistake you make is trying to outplay a very successful online player. Focus on the donks. Don't let your ego get in the way of winning $$$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculous statement. If he's at your table, you have to try and outplay him from time to time, otherwise you're going to get killed. I don't care if it's bld, you have to play back here and there, mix things up, etc.

Kirkrrr 11-17-2006 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest mistake you make is trying to outplay a very successful online player. Focus on the donks. Don't let your ego get in the way of winning $$$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao When I see a post like this, ie one that's obviously from someone who's beyond totally clueless, I don't even know what to do... get irritated? Ignore it? Put the schmuck on Ignore so I don't have to deal with his idiocy in the future?

So, hey, thread hijack - aside from just ignoring them (probably the best way, but it just gets so [censored] OLD), what's the best way to respond to posts like the one above?? Stop posting is always an option, I suppose, but there's gotta be a more effective way.

Kirk

cts 11-17-2006 03:57 AM

Kirkrrr: basically my problem with your play is that it is obvious you never have a big hand when you do this with a fish in the middle, and the play is terrible with 77 because you have 2 outs if called. Just do it with overcards so you can at least have a decent chance of sucking out on whatever garbage I call you with, or check/call if you think your hand is best. Or spike a 7. Ugh. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

No hard feelings, gl. Donkey. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

aejones 11-17-2006 04:04 AM

stop disagreeing with cts, he is second to only chuck norris on the food chain

Big_Jim 11-17-2006 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I decided to check-raise rather than lead is that leading is too transparent and he'll raise me, again,

[/ QUOTE ]
I really disagree with this, with the donk in the middle, cts has no reason at all to think you're weak, and your bet should get a lot of respect.

Problem, though, is that the donk won't fold.

PatInTheHat 11-17-2006 04:17 AM

cts: Why is this always a weak hand? He can't have a set here? I guess most of his range is weak holdings then, or am i missing something?

Josh. 11-17-2006 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about jack bauer? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

kitaristi0 11-17-2006 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about jack bauer? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And MacGyver?

Big_Jim 11-17-2006 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cts: Why is this always a weak hand? He can't have a set here? I guess most of his range is weak holdings then, or am i missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would he check/raise a set, when there's a donk in the middle, who will call along with [censored]?

aejones 11-17-2006 04:33 AM

are you guys joking? chuck norris is >>>>>>> cts > MacGyver > Jack Bauer