Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I think I know the answer, do you? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=261853)

mj12 11-16-2006 06:03 PM

Re: I think I know the answer, do you?

I call, the last time I folded a set was...wait I don't fold sets.

DJ Sensei 11-16-2006 06:40 PM

river c/r shove is good, if he's tight enough to fold a straight.

Phoenix1010 11-16-2006 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river c/r shove is good, if he's tight enough to fold a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost no one is tight enough to fold a straight there. There's no evidence in the OP that this guy is one of the few.

Big_Jim 11-16-2006 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no doubt imo that my most likely holding on the turn was two spades. I can have AQ-AT suited in spades here after check calling. So why isn't he afraid of the river spade?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cuz he has a flush?

Mench 11-16-2006 06:53 PM

I don't see why he isn't afraid of you having spades. Assuming he is a regular and he knows you are, wouldn't you mix check raising river with a flush into your possible hands, in which case I like a check raise bluff.

ace93rd 11-16-2006 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why he isn't afraid of you having spades. Assuming he is a regular and he knows you are, wouldn't you mix check raising river with a flush into your possible hands, in which case I like a check raise bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

before tryin check/raise bluff on river I think two conditions need to be met.
1. as another poster pointed out he has to be capable of folding a straight made if he has 10.

2. both of you have to be deep enough where your river check/raise if full pot size (if not it will be much easier for him to call 10).

As far as callin, its close here. he could of somehow back doored a flush himself, or value-bettin straight and not givin you credit for back-door flush as most dont, especially in heads up pots where you are initial pre-flop aggressor.

aejones 11-16-2006 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no doubt imo that my most likely holding on the turn was two spades. I can have AQ-AT suited in spades here after check calling. So why isn't he afraid of the river spade?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cuz he has a flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

He can have TX of spades, but I have the 8 of spades, so a certain number of pair and combo draws are out of the question.

That said, he can't have like KQ of spades or anything with like a gutshot becuase I think he checks the turn here always.

I think he is a predictable bluffer, I think thats why calling here is good, I think this line looks like "wtf my turn bet didn't work?"

I also think he checks behind even sometimes with a ten, or bets smaller.

Dan BRIGHT 11-16-2006 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($394)
Button ($620.85)
SB ($347.95)
Hero ($840.70)
UTG ($356.05)
MP ($483)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, arrrrrrright baby pocket pair raise it up booya <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG calls $16.

Flop: ($42) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
sick I am sick! set baby cant lose diss one time 2 bet it <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, UTG calls $30.

Turn: ($102) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
oh god did that fkker hit a straight? gawdamn... GWADAMAN Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $30</font>, i got set i kaawl Hero calls $30.

River: ($162) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
shttt i didnt boat up gawdamn u riverstars Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $100</font>, 1 hundo dolla, shtt thats a lot of monie, oh well i got a set i can call here pot odds set is a good hand kawl KAWL

I think I know the answer, do you? And why? i have a set i kawl

[/ QUOTE ]

Requin 11-16-2006 07:38 PM

QJss?

AceCR9 11-16-2006 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call.

[/ QUOTE ]