Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   How are the police allowed to do this? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=260424)

Alobar 11-14-2006 09:10 PM

Re: How are the police allowed to do this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am tired of the "racial profiling" hysteria.

The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males. That is completely not detabale. So naturally, cops had suspicions that a scary looking black dude driving with no front plate, could of been up to no good. Rather than ignoring it, they questioned him, and ended up being shoved and taunted.

Would you rather law enforcement turn blind eyes to avoid possibly making a mistake, or would you rather them pursue every hunch within reason, and nab some car jackers?

Should airport screeners not unfairly profile shady looking Muslims, and instead 'randomly' frisk old white women in the name of political correctness?

[/ QUOTE ]

the bolded part is the reason people have problems with racial profiling and why your argument sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just reality. If someone who is dressed like Osama Bin Laden walks into your local airport, would it be incorrect to question him thoroughly? Wouldn't that be profiling him? YOU HAVE to profile people in these instances, not every person of a particular race, but ones who raise a red flag in your head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not gunna waste time explaining it, cuz its obvious you wont get it, trying to reason with a racist is like trying to talk evolution with a religious nut.

Just answer me this tho, what exactly made Mr.Weary scary looking....other than being black

Colonel Kataffy 11-14-2006 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The fact is, if you were to research those imprisoned for grand theft auto, a predominant number are African-American males. That is completely not detabale. So naturally, cops had suspicions that a scary looking black dude driving with no front plate, could of been up to no good. Rather than ignoring it, they questioned him, and ended up being shoved and taunted.

Would you rather law enforcement turn blind eyes to avoid possibly making a mistake, or would you rather them pursue every hunch within reason, and nab some car jackers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd rather law enforcement not be able to pull over people just cause theyre black, even if it means a few black criminals go free.

neuroman 11-14-2006 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, it's just reality. If someone who is dressed like Osama Bin Laden walks into your local airport, would it be incorrect to question him thoroughly? Wouldn't that be profiling him? YOU HAVE to profile people in these instances, not every person of a particular race, but ones who raise a red flag in your head.

[/ QUOTE ]
It may be reality, it may not be. The problem with allowing police to profile is it opens the door wide for abuse of power (as if that door isn't wide enough as it is.)

Alobar 11-14-2006 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd rather law enforcement not be able to pull over people just cause theyre black, even if it means a few black criminals go free.

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg, but what if one of them gets all hopped up on crack and rapes your daughter...I bet youd change your mind then!!!!

Dementia 11-14-2006 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would your opinion change if the few who went free went off and raped and murdered someone, and the only reason they werent stopped was because the police possibly could be making a mistake?

Exactly. Hypotheticals are silly.

NT! 11-14-2006 09:15 PM

STFU Dementia

Colonel Kataffy 11-14-2006 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg, but what if one of them gets all hopped up on crack and rapes your daughter...I bet youd change your mind then!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

solid argument.

Alobar 11-14-2006 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would your opinion change if the few who went free went off and raped and murdered someone, and the only reason they werent stopped was because the police possibly could be making a mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, I knew that was coming

guids 11-14-2006 09:16 PM

Al,

big people no matter what color can be scary, he was a lineman after all.

http://static.flickr.com/17/22515259_fb443cbf03_m.jpg

see?

AngusThermopyle 11-14-2006 09:18 PM

Guess he didn't watch this Chris Rock video ( ~NSFW due to language)