Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Foxwoods $5k NL HU Deal (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=258480)

FortunaMaximus 11-12-2006 01:35 PM

Re: Foxwoods $5k NL HU Deal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would never ask for $300k. Maybe that's a mistake but that seems like an amount that immediately leads to: "Are you [censored] serious? Let's play it out." I'd be amazed if our equity is even 275k, so I'd start around there.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I would. What happens when a predictable player gets pissed at your audacity?

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays more aggressively, which for him essentially equals him playing better?

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Conceded. He will make worse decisions also, so for an aggressive player, this is exploitable. I'm saying, be reasonable but stubborn, don't tiltmonnkey him. That's not classy.

hamnegger 11-12-2006 01:38 PM

hamnegger 11-12-2006 01:39 PM

im sorry 275

stevepa 11-12-2006 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not classy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this right here is why I hate deals so much. Asking for 300k is completely ridiculous. It's insulting to the other guy and has basically a zero percent chance of being accepted. Now evg will probably tell me that you should ask for 300 even if you know it won't be accepted because of some perceived advantage it will give you in negotiations. That's ridiculous. You and your opponent are (hopefully) rational, intelligent people. There really shouldn't be any need for all this posturing. Just decide what you think is a reasonable deal, propose it and tell the guy that's as low as you'll go. If he declines, play it out. Also, if it were me playing and I felt I'd win >50% of the time I wouldn't even offer a deal. It's insulting to the other guy to offer a deal where you get more than him despite him having a fairly substantial chip lead.

I guess what it comes down to is I'm willing to give up some EV in these deal situations to avoid being a dick.

Steve

P.S. Fortuna, this reply isn't directed at you, it's just your quote is what made me think about all this.

FortunaMaximus 11-12-2006 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Fortuna, this reply isn't directed at you, it's just your quote is what made me think about all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that, Steve, naw worries. I wouldn't make deals either, so this is just a theortical opinion.

elstunar 11-12-2006 01:54 PM

I don't know if this is just me or not, and I've not been in any situation like the OP is, but for me it seems kind of ridiculous that one can "buy" the championship. I know the money is good and all (especially in this situation), but my main goal when I'm playing any tourney is 1st place, and I don't know how much someone would have to offer me to make me simply give it to them....just my thoughts

reo 11-12-2006 01:57 PM

No deal . . .

. . . but since you asked the question, atleast 275K.

MLG 11-12-2006 02:03 PM

even chop or no deal since he wants the title and you are better.

Ansky 11-12-2006 02:52 PM

I am always amazed at the people who say they just want the title, but they don't want to actually play for it. If you chop you should still have to play for the title, if you get it without playing for it you are the champion of nothing.

This guy sounds like a doof, I'd just take him to school HU.

0evg0 11-12-2006 02:52 PM

I'm not classy and a dick then I guess.

But whatevs, I've played one live MTT and when we got HU almost even-stacked i asked for like an extra 20% equity.

He said no and so I was offended and beat him. balla obv