Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   paging Lee Jones (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256891)

BB? 11-10-2006 08:53 PM

Re: paging Lee Jones

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not in my world

[/ QUOTE ]

What world do you live in? Every single online and offline poker room allows this form of soft playing in cash games. Bellagio, Commerce, Stars, Party, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH.... a honest one? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Read my previous post. There is a difference between softplaying a friend and being part of a softplay group.

Try to show up at the Bellagio and tell the poker manager that you and 4 of your friends that softplay eachother after they have chased other players off the pot will be playing at the same table tonight... let me know if they still allow it.

[/ QUOTE ]
We're talking about two people, not four. Two plus two is four.

William 11-10-2006 09:01 PM

We're talking about two people, not four. Two plus two is four

Dude, obviously tou have no idea what you're talking about. In the OP's post, 2 players were concerned, but those 2 have agreements with many, many others. That is the point. Stars knows it as it has been brought to their attention many, many times and still allows it.

Also, anybody that thinks it should continue to be allowed is either doing it himself or will never, ever be playing those games and therefor has no qualified opinion.

I know it's all about the money but it gets more and more difficult for normal players when cheaters are allowed to operate.

2461Badugi 11-10-2006 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, anybody that thinks it should continue to be allowed is either doing it himself or will never, ever be playing those games and therefor has no qualified opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, OK, against all past history I had been agreeing with you on this one, but I guess I'm not qualified.

William 11-10-2006 09:23 PM

Don't despair, if you're not doing it yourself, you still qualify.
Happy now? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mbpoker 11-10-2006 09:25 PM

Are you playing in these games or is it a story you heard from somebody else?

BB? 11-10-2006 09:31 PM

I don't know what i'm talking about?

I'm not the person who is questioning PokerStars over something that is perfectly legal in like every B&M cardroom.

You're gonna get whats comin' to you if you keep acting like this with Stars!
When you are old and impotent, you will be the one soft playing.

Arnfinn Madsen 11-10-2006 09:31 PM

I think it sucks that they allow it, it does not stop me from playing neither of them as I haven't seen them do anything unethical otherwise, they are really not to blame as long as Stars allow it is not weird that they do it. The reason why I am sceptical at Stars allowing it, is that twin-caracas constantly 3-bets suited connectors and this agreement makes it more possible that he will be allowed to go to the river cheaply thus making his hand more valuable and the 3-bet less risky than it would be otherwise (vs. good players 89s has better equity without a flop betting round than with).

William 11-10-2006 09:33 PM

I was playing when the games were not that high and it already was a problem.
Besides that, I happen to know a few of the regulars and some of them have told me about it.

Before you ask, my "friends" know I am against this and post here to try to change the site's policy but they just laugh and point out how much money Stars would be losing if they chased everybody away to another site. So far they have been right.

BB? 11-10-2006 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing when the games were not that high and it already was a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure you were "playing"?

William 11-10-2006 09:37 PM

I'm not even going to bother answering that question. You may believe what you want.