Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   deepstack 25-50 hand vs jcmoussa (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256696)

SA125 11-10-2006 12:59 AM

Re: deepstack 25-50 hand vs jcmoussa

LOL, MDMA. Waiting for a hand posted by you to see the master in action.

creedofhubris 11-10-2006 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raptor's advice is good. Anyone saying to fold preflop for $400 more $17k deep with a suited ace... lol. I'd probably fold the river though.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, who cares if you've got 17k back. It's not like he's going to stack off with one pair, and he's going to use position to make the pot his bitch. Look at the way the hand played out.

You're always taking a -EV hit by calling a good opponent's reraise with a poor hand OOP. vs. an opponent of comparable skill there's no way this is profitable.

Now, make the reraiser a fish instead of the wily mr. Moussa and I've got no problem with the call.

TStoneMBD 11-10-2006 01:10 AM

i didnt mean to type "of", i meant to type "or". btw bobbo, wtf? usually i think your posts are very rational but here i disagree with you entirely. if i call this river 0% of the time he can bluff me with impunity. if i call this river 100% of the time he never has to bluff me. clearly i have to call a certain % of the time to be playing optimally.

BobboFitos 11-10-2006 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt mean to type "of", i meant to type "or". btw bobbo, wtf? usually i think your posts are very rational but here i disagree with you entirely. if i call this river 0% of the time he can bluff me with impunity. if i call this river 100% of the time he never has to bluff me. clearly i have to call a certain % of the time to be playing optimally.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i cant go into this further then just:

how the hell can you expect him to know what you do anywhere from 0% to 100%? unless he can read your mind, he cant. thus, the decision is clear. (always do one or the other) there is no metagame here.

El Diablo 11-10-2006 02:21 AM

M,

"Gawd, it's so basic and self-explanatory that nobody cares explaining it Sa125."

Man, you are turning into a dick! Maybe you need to spend some time in a nicer forum?

MDMA 11-10-2006 02:45 AM

Haha, you and FV has turned me into a MONSTARR [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Nezzar 11-10-2006 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raptor's advice is good. Anyone saying to fold preflop for $400 more $17k deep with a suited ace... lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nezzar 11-10-2006 04:07 AM

Hi T,

i think u played it ok so far. As for river u actually have three options. In short handed games i sometimes go for a slight overbet on river but i dont think that would work well here... I dont think check-call is that bad, but consider what a check-raise would accomplish...

Alex Jacob 11-10-2006 07:28 AM

fold before the flop, fold on the river barring any read

ggbman 11-10-2006 08:46 AM

IMO, one of the best ways to get yourself into bad spots where you can spew chips psotflop is to get it in your head that someone is going to start playing back at you lightley and open up your range of calling re-raises. With your type of hand, it will be difficult to make a disguised hand and win a big pot. As played, i fold the river, AQ and AJ are very likely for him IMO.