Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   CallMeIshmael's "The 50 Worst States in America" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=247306)

JaredL 10-28-2006 10:20 PM

Re: CallMeIshmael\'s \"The 50 Worst States in America\"

[ QUOTE ]
Im going out now so Ill post more thoughts later...

but, the kid I talked this over with last night was also like "Utah...wtf?"

Its probably too high objectively, but I think Im biased towards nice outdoors type geograhpy (also, see: Colorodo)... Utah is also especically diverse in what you can see outside... also, sundance

If you stripped out the Mormon's it would be a contender for a top 6-7 IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good, except that it goes against
[ QUOTE ]

32. Oregon

[/ QUOTE ]

FortunaMaximus 10-28-2006 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does Massachusetts beat out Hawaii?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hawaii loses moderate points for hurricane threats and just general out-in-the-middle-of-nowhereness... still better than most states

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget backwash exploding toilets.

zPro 10-28-2006 10:22 PM

Ishmael, how many states have you visited?

RacersEdge 10-28-2006 10:26 PM

Hmmm...gotta bump up Miss a lot just because of poker.

TheRover 10-28-2006 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Indiana needs to be in the top (bottom?) five. Dreadful state.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is the other one that surprised me. I've lived there before and unless you live in the center/Indy I can't see anything positive about it. There's a few small towns here and there that aren't really [censored] up I guess if that's your thing, but the south and north are really depressing. It does have some good sports stuff going for it though.

tuq 10-28-2006 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq,

I was always under the impression that you were from NY but this thread and the one about seeing 2+2ers irl saying that you were at the pheonix get together have made me think that perhaps you live in AZ?

[/ QUOTE ]
You thought I was from NY because I'm a straight baller, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

No, been here since I was two, FYI (you're the only one that could care about this) my interest in your living in Iowa is that the vast majority of my family lives between Iowa City and the Quad Cities, on both sides of my family. I go back yearly but really am a "native" to AZ, as I don't remember living there. Great people though - Jesus the Midwest is just loaded with quality people.

There has to be some reason that Phoenix and Vegas keep trading off 1-2 for fastest growing areas, and it's not because they suck.

Also, another poster reminded me of one of the better reasons to be here - hot broads. This city is loaded with well tanned hot broads, and that's not counting the 20,000+ co-eds at ASU, which is right down the street.

cdxx 10-28-2006 10:35 PM

virginia too high.
maryland too low.

Teetster 10-28-2006 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does Massachusetts beat out Hawaii?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hawaii loses moderate points for hurricane threats and just general out-in-the-middle-of-nowhereness... still better than most states

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? Hurricanes hit Hawaii every 20-30 years. I've lived in Hawaii in NY, NY should be like #1 or 2 worst states, no way in hell it ranks better than Hawaii.

NY sucks for so many reasons its not funny: Taxes are horrible, weather sucks, road system sucks, jobs suck unless you live in NYC.

You need to revise this list bad.

grandgnu 10-28-2006 10:41 PM

Massachusetts blows, the taxes suck, the traffic sucks, the people suck (way too grumpy and stressed out) and housing prices are ridiculous.

I can get a nicer home in North Carolina for half the price of one here in Mass. I can't wait to get the hell outta here.

gisb0rne 10-28-2006 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how Alaska could be 9th best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea it should be 1st best.