Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   2 BEATS, A BRAG, and some variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=229164)

Schneids 10-05-2006 12:58 PM

Re: 2 BEATS, A BRAG, and some variance

[ QUOTE ]
im obviously not gonna go in depth into my logic (a bit of its player dependent and good chance ill play him again), but fwiw i was fairly sure i was winning on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

GASITT is a good friend of mine, and oftentimes able to stop playing someone if he thinks he might be getting outplayed. I imagine he quit because he realized he got outplayed on that pot (rather than being like "look at that donkey calling off huge bets with bottom pair") and didn't want to play you with your stack that deep vs him (woulda been about 40k to 36k it appears).

tom10167 10-05-2006 01:07 PM

Hand 2 is a limit call. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Equidae 10-05-2006 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BEAT
BRAG
beat #2: he left after this... since when does calling 180bbs w/ 4th pair cause some1 to leave?

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw this happen and the chat for the few minutes afterward was priceless. nh durrrr

creedofhubris 10-05-2006 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im obviously not gonna go in depth into my logic (a bit of its player dependent and good chance ill play him again), but fwiw i was fairly sure i was winning on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

GASITT is a good friend of mine, and oftentimes able to stop playing someone if he thinks he might be getting outplayed. I imagine he quit because he realized he got outplayed on that pot (rather than being like "look at that donkey calling off huge bets with bottom pair") and didn't want to play you with your stack that deep vs him (woulda been about 40k to 36k it appears).

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand and this explanation make perfect sense to me. Of course you leave when the dude is outplaying you to this extent.

NH Durr.

Schneids 10-05-2006 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand and this explanation make perfect sense to me. Of course you leave when the dude is outplaying you to this extent.

NH Durr.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't actually talked to Gassitt yet but I'm about 80% certain this is the case. When he had the big stack advantage he was probably willing to play (or maybe even felt he had an edge), and then this hand happened and that entirely changed.

He's a pretty mature guy and able to admit to himself most of the time if he no longer has the best of it (more so than a lot of high stakes players, anyway, who let ego get in the way).

tom10167 10-05-2006 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH Durr.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't actually talked to Gassitt yet but I'm about 80% certain this is the case. When he had the big stack advantage he was probably willing to play (or maybe even felt he had an edge), and then this hand happened and that entirely changed.

He's a pretty mature guy and able to admit to himself most of the time if he no longer has the best of it (more so than Baronzeus anyway, who let ego get in the way).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're too polite to say it so I will. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Go_Blue88 10-05-2006 06:30 PM

if you suspected you were ahead, then i don't get why you didn't make a play on the turn. or maybe you didn't have full confidence until the river (based on how he reacted to the Ace)?

cool hand though.

MikeSmith 10-05-2006 06:48 PM

2 is obv tilt call

kurosh 10-05-2006 06:59 PM

I would be afraid of him bluffing with a better hand on hand 2...

Sykes 10-05-2006 07:34 PM

I think the call on hand #2 is quite awful.

No disrespect but you're losing that hand far more times than you're winning it.