Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Early NFL week 4 thoughts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=220105)

NajdorfDefense 09-25-2006 01:21 AM

Re: Early NFL week 4 thoughts

also one unit on Cincy -5.5.

Performify 09-25-2006 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the Chargers but FWIW - the bye week means nothing this early, especially given the momentum they had after 2 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meaning you think it hurts them coming off a bye? Or at least doesn't help?

I'd disagree. I don't think its a huge factor, by any means, but resting extra days and having extra practice time is going to help and not hurt. Its not like they're going to be out of sync for missing the game and taking the Sunday off. Its an extra week of recovery time from the bumps and bruises, several extra days of preparation and film study, and an opportunity for extra rest. The extra practice more than makes up for the lack of gametime. And its not like this is a young team for the most part: the core rush-first offense knows what they're doing and are going to benefit from the extra time off in my opinion.

May not be the bigger advantage that you see for a week 8/9 bye where that extra week of rest in the middle of the season is even more helpful, but all the factors that make the team coming off bye a positive are going to be there, in my opinion.

But that said, the bye certainly isn't some huge factor in why I like this line. I'd like this line if they were coming off a brusing game this week.

PropPlayer 09-25-2006 02:01 AM

I like 2 road team: Saints +9 -104 @ Panthers & Jags -2.5 @ Washington.

splashpot 09-25-2006 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wished I jumped on this before it moved to -6 but I still like this bet. I'm a NE fan but the Pats pass coverage is terrible. Rodney Harrison is still recovering from injury, Asante Samuel is too small/slow. No way the Pats secondary can contain Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh. And we haven't even mentioned Rudi Johnson. Yea, the Bengals offense is too good for a mediocre/bad Pats defense.

NajdorfDefense 09-25-2006 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wished I jumped on this before it moved to -6 but I still like this bet. I'm a NE fan but the Pats pass coverage is terrible. Rodney Harrison is still recovering from injury, Asante Samuel is too small/slow. No way the Pats secondary can contain Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh. And we haven't even mentioned Rudi Johnson. Yea, the Bengals offense is too good for a mediocre/bad Pats defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I may add at -6 here.

pmuir10 09-25-2006 03:19 PM

what does PK stand for?

BiPolar_Nut 09-25-2006 03:30 PM

PicK em, even money, no juice.

splashpot 09-25-2006 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PicK em, even money, no juice.

[/ QUOTE ]
That isn't true. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the juice in the odds, not the spread? For example the Min v Buf game is currently:

Minnesota Vikings pk +107
Buffalo Bills pk -115

Performify 09-25-2006 03:40 PM

Correct. PK doesn't mean "no juice" it means "no spread".
I.e the spread for a game listed at PK or Pick is +0 (or -0, whatever) for each side.

Went ahead and added the term to the FAQ.

NajdorfDefense 09-25-2006 05:23 PM

Alexander may not play, so avoiding the CHI game for now.