Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   call me a donkey.....but these FTP cap NL games are awesome (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=217292)

elliot 09-21-2006 08:32 PM

Re: call me a donkey.....but these FTP cap NL games are awesome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
have top pair in position against a draw, you will get them to put in all 30BB at least 3/4 of the time.

people are calling off their entire "stack" to a flop checkraise regardless of the board, and i am absolutely loving it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Donk.

I have no problem with making a little easy money, but in the long run I dont think its possible for a good cap game player to make more per hour than a good NL player (100bbs).

[/ QUOTE ]

i completely agree with you, but the level of play in every single cap game i have been in has been flat out embarassing.

jb9 09-21-2006 09:20 PM

Re: call me a donkey.....but these FTP cap NL games are awesome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Players who can't fold draws on the flop will get killed in capped NL games -- it's the players who can't fold TP who will do better in capped games.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if it's a small pot (5bb) and I flop a set and my opponent has a flush draw and he bets and I raised putting him all in and he calls with his draw doesn't he loose more in a 100bb capped than 30bb capped game?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a player calls a +90bb all in raise into a 10bb pot with a flush draw vs. a set, then he will certainly lose more money than if he called a 20+ bb raise in a 30bb capped game (obviously). However, if he calls a pot sized bet on the flop rather than an all in overbet, he is better off being in a 100bb game than a 30bb game as he has implied odds.

If the player is so bad that he will get all in on the river with a missed flush draw after calling pot sized bets on the flop and turn, then he is better off playing 30bb games -- but he would be even better off playing blackjack, slots, or roulette.

[ QUOTE ]
In a 30bb game he's all in protected on the flop. He's the bad player so he does not have implied odds. I fold when he hit's his hand because he plays transparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has implied odds whether he is a bad player or not.

If he is all in on the flop, you can't fold when he hits his hand. This is actually bad for him if he has a draw -- he'd be better of if you could fold because that would mean you have some chips left that he could win (thus giving him some implied odds to compensate for his bad calls).

The fact that you would read him well enough to fold when he hits his hand just means that you are a better player than him and that you should be comfortable playing him with deeper stacks.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that the player going broke with his flush draw is also the player who is going to call a raise with A8 and get all in on an A high flop.

If you raised QQ 5bb preflop, he called, you led for 10bb on the A high flop and then he raised 80bb, you would be able to fold against most players for a loss of 15bb on the hand. However, it is a 30bb capped game, his raise is only 15bb into a 20bb pot, so you probably have to call against most players and lose 30 bb.