Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   AC 10-25 River Surprise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=197240)

frogger23 08-27-2006 09:53 AM

Re: AC 10-25 River Surprise

Turn and river bets may have been too small. Until villain showed river aggression I thought it was very possible he just had a big queen, and I was trying to make bets I thought he could call. Since river bluff raise was out of the question in my mind, I guess the negative of making less than pot size bets here is giving up value to a smaller 10 or a villain who can't get away from a big queen, while I gain some value in getting a big queen to call sometimes and maybe saving a little on river if he raises me and I find a fold.

frogger23 08-27-2006 09:58 AM

Results

Thanks for all the feedback. Thought I might get flamed for folding here, but guess my play wasn't too ridiculous. Villain didn't show so I have no idea whether I was beat or not. At the time I thought Q10s was his most likely holding if I was beat, but I think he would play QQ this way much of the time too.

durrrr 08-27-2006 09:59 AM

wow i couldnt even fathom a fold here unless you know the guys middle name where he went to high school and what his favorite drink is. All you know is he's a little tightish and its your first trip to AC (so u cant know him too well). I call, and expect to see donkish stuff plenty of the time (along w/ occasional Tx).

DeMaci 08-27-2006 02:11 PM

Vomit.

ObnxNole 08-27-2006 02:38 PM

man i call all day long here especially getting over 3:1 on my river call. However i would expect to see a turned full house a small percantage of the time. Neverless folding here is -ev play IMO

FiftyOuts 08-27-2006 03:23 PM

I think I witness this hand. Was the Villian in the 2 seat and you were in the six seat or close to that? The villian is a young guy wearing a hat and glasses? I'll let you know my opinion if this is the situation you were talking about.

leafsrock 08-27-2006 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man i call all day long here especially getting over 3:1 on my river call. However i would expect to see a turned full house a small percantage of the time. Neverless folding here is -ev play IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

102? 22? huh?

mmcd 08-27-2006 03:58 PM

On the river, how many hands will your opponent call 2k with that wouldn't bet a similar amount if checked to?

I think you can get the money in as a decent favorite here by c/r'ing the river.

creedofhubris 08-27-2006 10:49 PM

well, it's a guy who doesn't raise with top 2 pair on a board with no straights or flushes.

Cent 08-27-2006 11:48 PM

In my opinion this is definitely a fold, but a tough one only because of the river pot odds. First of all, what kind of donkey would raise with QQ in this position? The correct move is to slowplay the boat. Also, I don't think the guy would put you on AA, KK, or AQ because you bet all the way thru. Being out of position, most players would be afraid of the other player holding the 10, unless of course you have it. You are also showing strength throughout the hand, especially against 4 other players, so it's possible that YOU'RE the one with QQ. If the villain had only a 10 on the flop, and not a boat, he would have raised on the flop with one caller in the hand to chase out the draws. Finally, he is a passive player and checked top 2 earlier.