Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   MAFIA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192400)

shortline99 08-21-2006 10:26 AM

Re: MAFIA

[ QUOTE ]
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, I'm a villager this game. No complicated roles, nothing.

Boiler for the fastest round one long game evil kill ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
bull [censored] lol

Fishmonger 08-21-2006 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fishmonger, quick question,

What if the mafia buy armor for someone on the same time the vigilante goes after him?

[/ QUOTE ]

He is immune to the kill. And before anyone asks, if the vig gets targeted by the mafia the same night he tries to kill someone, his kill goes through.

Morbo 08-21-2006 10:26 AM

MDoranD

Boiler_bd 08-21-2006 10:26 AM

[quoteI think two/three salvos at very very likely evils is the way to go for the vigilante.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you expect to have a very very likely evil early on before they put on armor? Using 1 bullet/day is 7 days if you skip day 1. Maybe use 2 bullets twice (maybe days 3 and 5) to make it 5 days. Sounds perfect to me. Then he can come out as a confirmed villager around the time we have some seer info.

Zurvan 08-21-2006 10:26 AM

I think the vigilante should be keeping his gun in his pants until we have an actual target. Random flailing is awful. If he dies without killing anybody, that's not the end of the world. If he kills the cop, it could be the end of the game.

The time for the vigilante to use his kills is when we have a seer confirmed bad guy, or some sort of obvious fake seer-ing occur.

DMBFan23 08-21-2006 10:27 AM

Hey Shorty,

are you a villager this game?

if not, can I borrow your rand() for the next game? I never seem to get the good roles.

Hornacek 08-21-2006 10:28 AM

I just looked at the rules, and fwiw I think Body Armor will royally screw up any plans we may have for the Vigilante later down the line. Especially since body armor works for the remainder of the game.

shortline99 08-21-2006 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Shorty,

are you a villager this game?

if not, can I borrow your rand() for the next game? I never seem to get the good roles.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes lol

i think villager is the best role to have in this game anyway.

Iron_Yuppie 08-21-2006 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the vigilante should be keeping his gun in his pants until we have an actual target. Random flailing is awful. If he dies without killing anybody, that's not the end of the world. If he kills the cop, it could be the end of the game.

The time for the vigilante to use his kills is when we have a seer confirmed bad guy, or some sort of obvious fake seer-ing occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a bad guy is fake-seering, he is very likely armored up. Also, if a bad guy is named by a seer as a baddie, he will likely be armored up that night.

In fact, I see the threat of a vigilante kill being of importance; the bad guys will have to keep some cash in reserve should a seer come out with some bad guys.

For this reason, I'd suggest that the vigilante keep a sizeable number of bullets.

DMBFan23 08-21-2006 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at the rules, and fwiw I think Body Armor will royally screw up any plans the mafia has for gunning down our seers/doctor/confirmed villagers extra fast

[/ QUOTE ]

[last vigilante post]

I hope this turns out to be more like it.

[/last vigilante post]