Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Players you like on teams you hate (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=182359)

Hornacek 08-09-2006 10:02 AM

Re: Players you like on teams you hate

[ QUOTE ]
David Wells (Red Sox)
Jeremy Roenick (was LA Kings now recently signed with Phx Coyotes)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah well JR hates you and doesn't want you to come to his games. so there.

JordanIB 08-09-2006 10:05 AM

I honestly can't come up with one.

Cornell Fiji 08-09-2006 10:20 AM

I am a Mets fan and Yankee Hater.

I detest Derek Jeter

I liked:
Paul O'neil
Don Mattingly
David Wells

I have the utmost respect for Joe Torre

Evan 08-09-2006 10:28 AM

Why do all you Mets fans hate the Yankees? I am a lifelong Yankee fan and love baseball more than any other sport, but I definitely do not hate the Mets. In 2000 I was rooting hard for the Mets to make it to the World Series and I will be doing the same this year. Obviously I want to beat them once we're there, but unless they're playing the Yankees I'm either rooting for the Mets or indifferent toward them.

wh1t3bread 08-09-2006 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do all you Mets fans hate the Yankees?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the vast majority of Yankees fans do not share your philosophy. Oh...and we are jealous. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm actually rooting for the Yankees this year to make the World Series. I'll either get payback or more fuel for the fire.

junglewarfare 08-09-2006 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do all you Mets fans hate the Yankees? I am a lifelong Yankee fan and love baseball more than any other sport, but I definitely do not hate the Mets. In 2000 I was rooting hard for the Mets to make it to the World Series and I will be doing the same this year. Obviously I want to beat them once we're there, but unless they're playing the Yankees I'm either rooting for the Mets or indifferent toward them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because their team sucks and our team rules, duh. And Yankee fans can be really annoying.

I have always been pretty indifferent about the Mets, but when Willie got on the team I actually started rooting for them... just a little.

NT! 08-09-2006 10:41 AM

The Moose
Marvin Harrison
Mike Knuble

I don't care enough to hate anyone in the NBA anymore, but I hated the Pacers because Reggie Miller played for them but liked O'Neal and Artest.

JordanIB 08-09-2006 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a lifelong Yankee fan and love baseball more than any other sport, but I definitely do not hate the Mets.

[/ QUOTE ]

"In a related story, Lakers fans today admitted that they don't hate the Clippers."

Rubeskies 08-09-2006 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am a lifelong Yankee fan and love baseball more than any other sport, but I definitely do not hate the Mets.

[/ QUOTE ]

"In a related story, Lakers fans today admitted that they don't hate the Clippers."

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

Wes Mantooth 08-09-2006 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
David Wells (Red Sox)
Jeremy Roenick (was LA Kings now recently signed with Phx Coyotes)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah well JR hates you and doesn't want you to come to his games. so there.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I use to also like Brett Hull even though he played for a number of teams that I did not like.