Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Who reraises here?? Me vs KKF again at 25/50 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=181749)

wpr101 08-08-2006 06:02 PM

Re: Who reraises here?? Me vs KKF again at 25/50

[ QUOTE ]
I guess people playing like this against him is a big reason why KKF is winning so much. No, I have never played against your boy, but this whole thread is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is the thread silly? I see valid points to pushing and to calling.

EDIT: Actually pushing he is probably only calling with hands that beat us and folding worse ones... dunno.

fslexcduck 08-08-2006 06:02 PM

ggb,

the point good2cu is making is that KKF might be minraising TO INDUCE A BLUFF with a worse hand than ours very often. i don't know how often this is true, but the thought has merit and i also like a push if cardshark has the right image for it.

greg nice 08-08-2006 06:06 PM

looks like KKF has a 9 or AK here. whether or not he will payoff with worse to a river 3bet depends on your image.

ggbman 08-08-2006 06:10 PM

Duck,

I understand that point. However, that is so unlikley because of that turn card. Kanes range here is pretty simple... He has a full house, in which case we lose. He is a bluffing, in which case we win, but gain nothing from push. The last possibility is that he has a worse made hand. This will consist mostly of 9x and Kx hands, which perhaps some other random ones thrown in. Now, with these stacks, he simply is not going to raise a King on the river and then subseuqntly play for stacks... in reality, he will not do this with any hand worse hand a 9. So i mean, if he has EXACTLY A9, maybe he wants to induce the push from a worse 9, but he isn't going to raise 9Ts hoping to induce a push for a worse 9 or hoping that cardshark is going 2 barrel the turn and river and push over that bet. I mean look, there is almost no way to put CS on a boat, and he did not re-raise the river with that, so i just think the parley we need to hit to make a re-raise correct here is quite long.

ggbman 08-08-2006 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess people playing like this against him is a big reason why KKF is winning so much. No, I have never played against your boy, but this whole thread is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

What limits do you generally play? Do you play 25-50?

klonpucko 08-08-2006 06:24 PM

i'm playing like [censored] right now but i'd say he has A9, gives you credit for being able to fold bare trips to a push but wants more value out of the hand since he decided to slowplay or whatever. no boats make any sense at all. push.

ggbman 08-08-2006 06:28 PM

Do you think he value raises A9, but not Q9? How about J9 ot T9? Approximatley what do you think the cut off is for him to make a value raise? The main problem here is there a lot of hands he might value raise with, but not call a 3rd bet.

klonpucko 08-08-2006 06:41 PM

who knows who cares, i just think that the $ we lose when we push into his weird ass play full house is way compensated for by the times he calls the push with something like A9 - mainly because 93 shouldn't really be in KKFs range. it's also nice for image to push thin obv, it's so much harder to try [censored] like this against someone who you know has the stones to come over the top without KK here.

MDMA 08-08-2006 07:09 PM

I'd probably overbet river, or c/r river.

As played, I just call.

The problem is that he probably never raises like this w/ AK, and he knows that we know this, because of this it's very unlikely he would think we WOULD actually push as a bluff (pretty much represeting a boat or A9 ourselves), this because he's pretty much declaring he has a 9 at himself at WORST, and that makes it a pretty bad spot to "bluff" him, which he should realize. If we had reason to believe he would ever do this w/ AK, which I really doubt (like som very, very thin induce bluff-line looking to call a push), then we might consider pushing here for value, but if he's NEVER raising this hand w/ worse than a 9 (or as a bluff of course, that doesn't matter), then I feel pushing/reraising here is pretty bad because he should realize it's not often a bluff.

Sure, one might believe that if he's still doing that bluff-induce raise with a good hand, but still worse than ours, than we can push, but I don't likely he IS doing that induce-bluff-play UNLESS he's also raising w/ AK, because he realizes that as soon as we think he's never doing it w/ AK, then we aren't very prone to actually try to bluff him since we cannot be sure of what hands we'd actually be betting for value when we aren't getting called by AK.

I mean he's good; he realizes we would not push like this w/ just a 9 (except perhaps A9) after he minraises (unless the very unlikely scenario I presented above was valid, e.g him doing this w/ AK/9 to induce a BIG bluff and call, but I don't think it is, he's just raising 9s+), and that makes every 9 he has a bluffcatcher, so why would he ever call A9 more often than Q9 if he push, unless he's hoping to catch a bluff or, if we have a valid hand, a split at best (w/ A9).

Dr. Strangelove 08-08-2006 07:31 PM

Is there a special reason you can't reraise some amount less than a push? And this is ten handed?