Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   A3s, okay play? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=17865)

basco 01-22-2006 04:44 PM

Re: A3s, okay play?

<grunch>

preflop: why are you playing this hand? Why are you RAISING with this hand?

Flop: the pot is pretty huge, but what is BB's 3-betting range? AA-QQ and AKs? The only out you can buy here is the A in the case that he has KK. I don't raise this.

Turn: as played, good check. It would be very bad to bet this, as you would have to call a raise.

River: obvious fold.

</grunch>
<reading through posts>
preflop raise is standard??? I stop stealing at A7s.

dun_noo 01-22-2006 05:35 PM

Just incase you were wondering, which you probably weren't, he had JJ. If I knew, after the preflop action that he had JJ (which I didn't, obviously) I think this line is the best. Don't you?

TheNomad 01-22-2006 06:26 PM

*grunch*

I fold pf. Generally, I hate A-trash suited. These only play well in loose games when you have several limpers in front of you. I don't like the raise as this is an easily dominated hand.

I fold the flop. BB probably has Queens You need to hope for an Ace, which might be counterfeited anyway, or a BDFD.

I wouldn't be in the turn, but seeing as you are, checking is fine. Hmmm, BB either has a Queen with a weak kicker, or most probably AK. You are still behind.

I fold the river. BB probably does have AQ, he was worried by your flop raise that you could have AA of KK. You've shown weakness so he bets.

dun_noo 01-22-2006 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

I fold pf. Generally, I hate A-trash suited. These only play well in loose games when you have several limpers in front of you. I don't like the raise as this is an easily dominated hand.

I fold the flop. BB probably has Queens You need to hope for an Ace, which might be counterfeited anyway, or a BDFD.

I wouldn't be in the turn, but seeing as you are, checking is fine. Hmmm, BB either has a Queen with a weak kicker, or most probably AK. You are still behind.

I fold the river. BB probably does have AQ, he was worried by your flop raise that you could have AA of KK. You've shown weakness so he bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, you fold getting 10.5:1 with a gutshot, an overcard and a BFD? Okay there.

Read the previous responses about the preflop action.

TheNomad 01-22-2006 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Uh, you fold getting 9.5:1 with a gutshot, an overcard and a BFD? Okay there.

Read the previous responses about the preflop action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, seems I've got it wrong! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

dun_noo 01-22-2006 06:35 PM

Nah, alot of people missed the gutshot. Your advice is correct if we're missing the gutshot, and we're all here to make mistakes so we can get better : )

eekpaypal 01-23-2006 11:02 AM

lets see....hmm, you call a three bet with a3 suited...no you should of never even seen teh flop...sorry if some one under me already said that i just read the main post

michaliv 01-23-2006 11:12 AM

Usually at this limit I don't try to steal, but I would rather raise with this hand than open limp. I would probably just fold it here. When you raised and he 3 bet with only one limper in between I would lay this hand down.

On the flop you are getting 10.5:1 to hit your gutshot. That is almost enough to chase it. With the runner nut flush draw I probably would chase here. I would probably just call here instead of raise, but it didn't work out too bad for you (it got you a free card).

If he bet the turn again it would be an easy call with a nut flush draw. When you miss on the river it is an easy fold.

basco 01-23-2006 01:07 PM

Yeah, I think your postflop play is perfect.

dun_noo 01-23-2006 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lets see....hmm, you call a three bet with a3 suited...no you should of never even seen teh flop...sorry if some one under me already said that i just read the main post

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, I didn't call 3 bets. I opened, with A3s, and called one more bet on top.