Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   JJ against EP raiser (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=178197)

tyler_cracker 08-03-2006 11:09 PM

Re: JJ against EP raiser

no worries, mate. i'm just teasing.

mostly.

at least you didn't say VB.NET.

00Snitch 08-04-2006 12:23 AM

ahahah just did a 3-day intro type course in that shiz on work's coin.

kerowo 08-04-2006 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Would you rather have:
DATA DIVISION.
01 WS_THINGS_LEARNED_TODAY PIC 99 VALUE ZEROS.

PRODCEDURE DIVISION.

PERFORM 120-LEARNED-TODAY THRU
120-LEARNED-TODAY-EXIT.

120-LEARNED-TODAY.
* 120-LEARNED-TODAY
* CALLED BY 100-READING-THE-WEB
* LETS INCREMENT THE WHAT I LEARNED COUNTER

ADD +1 TO WS_THINGS_LEARNED_TODAY
120-LEARNED-TODAY-EXIT.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus.

props on the code fragment. is this fortran?

[/ QUOTE ]

Worse.

COBOL

Buckmulligan 08-04-2006 01:07 PM

Tyler,

Villain would have to be playing a pretty spazzy AK given the board and his previous action. I'm not quite buying it.

tyler_cracker 08-04-2006 04:11 PM

you don't think someone with (poorly defined) LAGgish tendencies is capping QQ/KK/AA preflop?

discount those holdings a little, and just add a *few* times when he's getting spazzy with AK and you've got a solid value cap.

adios 08-04-2006 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't long sat down in this game. I only have a handful of hands on villain but he's played a third and raised half of them. What concerns me is the flop raise. Good or bad? I'm thinking that worst case I get the other guy to fold and increase my chances down the track if I'm behind. I call the turn because I picked up a gutshot, and the river because AT, a lower pair or an AK that is bluffing are possible

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (Villain) raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG (Villain) calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.60 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.80 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.80 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.80 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

As I stated in another thread, you call on the river due to size of the pot. You have to consider what the pot is laying you. If the pot is tiny then of course you'll fold more readily. In this case it's easy, you call. I will say that IMO you're a big dog on the river but the pot is laying you a great price.

Bodizapha 08-04-2006 06:34 PM

Grunch

I think the hand was well played. You don't haven't played enough with Villian here to get a good read, but still played well. I like how you slowed down on the turn and river. That is a problem I sometimes have.