Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 MLB HOF Voting Poll (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=175150)

NT! 07-31-2006 05:35 PM

Re: 2007 MLB HOF Voting Poll

Yeah, what's with the no love for the career saves leader?

NT

prohornblower 07-31-2006 06:10 PM

Dawson, Blyleven, Smith, Gwynn, Ripken Jr., McGwire

battschr 07-31-2006 06:22 PM

Ripken, Gwynn, Mcgwire, Dawson, Blyleven, Gossage

LionelHutz00 07-31-2006 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, what's with the no love for the career saves leader?

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't very good.

What's with big swings in the number of votes that players get? In Sutter's first year of eligibility, he got 23.9% of the vote. Last year he got 76.9% to get elected. Is this difference because of turnover in voters? Or did half of the baseball writers change their minds on him?

crockpot 07-31-2006 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my ballot:

1. Cal Ripken, Jr.
2. Tony Gwynn
3. Goose Gossage - no reason Sutter should be in and him not.
4. Alan Trammell - it's a travesty he and Whitaker won't be ale to go in together
5. Bert Blyleven - It's a joke that he's not in
6. Mark McGwire - controversial pick...

[/ QUOTE ]

same.

Jack of Arcades 07-31-2006 06:35 PM

Alan Trammell is getting less love than Jim Rice, Lee Smith, Don Mattingly, and Orel [censored] Hershiser for god's sake. That's horrible.

Wynton 07-31-2006 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alan Trammell is getting less love than Jim Rice, Lee Smith, Don Mattingly, and Orel [censored] Hershiser for god's sake. That's horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that has to do with playing on lower profile teams in smaller markets.

MaxxDaddy 07-31-2006 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In terms of hitting, Rice and Mattingly were better than Trammell in practically every aspect except for stolen bases. On defense, Trammell certainly played more of a skill position, but to have defense as a consideration, he would need more than his 3 Gold Gloves.

Then again, as a die-hard Yankees fan who grew up near the end of Donnie Baseball's career, I want to see Mattingly in the Hall of Fame, though I'm sure that won't happen.

THAY3R 07-31-2006 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In terms of hitting, Rice and Mattingly were better than Trammell in practically every aspect except for stolen bases. On defense, Trammell certainly played more of a skill position, but to have defense as a consideration, he would need more than his 3 Gold Gloves.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

Josh W 07-31-2006 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then again, as a die-hard Yankees fan who grew up near the end of Donnie Baseball's career, I want to see Mattingly in the Hall of Fame, though I'm sure that won't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it isn't fair to compare offensive production of a corner OFer or a 1B with a SS.

Josh