Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **Trading Deadline Thread ** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=174150)

DougOzzzz 07-30-2006 03:31 PM

Re: **Trading Deadline Thread **

[ QUOTE ]

This trade makes me so sad. I'm predicting right now that Abreu hits about .350 in August.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Lidle will probably be this year's Shawn Chacon as well.

Hoya 07-30-2006 03:40 PM

I am absolutely crushed as a Phillies fan. I would have much rather kept Lidle, let him go for draft picks after the season, and just kept Abreu. I wouldn't have thought this was a good return for just Lidle.

There is very little chance that anyone the Phils got will ever be worth a damn. Sad, sad, sad that we ditch Wade and things don't get any better.

TheRover 07-30-2006 03:41 PM

Indians second baseman Ron Belliard is expected to be traded to the Cardinals if he makes it through Sunday's game healthy, FOXSports.com has learned.

The Cardinals also could acquire right-handed reliever Guillermo Mota in the deal, but the Indians are still talking about Mota with other clubs.

Belliard, 31, recently missed six games with a hamstring injury, but returned to the Indians' lineup Saturday. The Cardinals want to make sure that he is fully recovered before completing the deal.

Belliard entered Sunday's play batting .289 with a .335 on-base percentage, eight homers and 44 RBIs. He figures to be an upgrade over Aaron Miles, who has batted .224 since June 1. The Cardinals rank next-to-last in the National League in on-base/slugging percentage at second base.

Mota, 32, entered Sunday's play with a 6.21 ERA and .370 opponents' on-base percentage. He has a 3.86 ERA in July, but that number is deceptive: His opponents' OBP is .375.

benza13 07-30-2006 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Yankees' projected lineup for September, if and when Hideki Matsui and Gary Sheffield come back from injury, could look something like this:
CF Johnny Damon
SS Derek Jeter
1B Jason Giambi
DH Gary Sheffield
RF Bobby Abreu
3B Alex Rodriguez
LF Hideki Matsui
C Jorge Posada
2B Robinson Cano
- Buster Olney

[/ QUOTE ]

Really think they move ARod down to sixth? I just can't see him taking that well.

kolotoure 07-30-2006 04:54 PM

Why on earth would you bat A-Rod 6th??

Jack of Arcades 07-30-2006 05:19 PM

yankees picked up another over-30, overpaid hitter who can't field? shocked. shocked.

CharlieDontSurf 07-30-2006 05:23 PM

lol our number 9 hitter hits over .300....sweet.

CharlieDontSurf 07-30-2006 05:28 PM

CF Johnny Damon
SS Derek Jeter
RF Bobby Abreu
1B Jason Giambi
3B Alex Rodriguez
DH Hideki Matsui
C Jorge Posada
2B Robinson Cano
LF Melky Cabrera

sightless 07-30-2006 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CF Johnny Damon
SS Derek Jeter
RF Bobby Abreu
1B Jason Giambi
3B Alex Rodriguez
DH Hideki Matsui
C Jorge Posada
2B Robinson Cano
LF Melky Cabrera

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be so sweet when Yankees will not win world series this year

benza13 07-30-2006 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would you bat A-Rod 6th??

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't say I would, Buster Olney said they would and I was wondering wtf he was thinking.

Charlie's lineup looks a little more realistic.