Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The Well: mosuavea (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=165431)

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:34 AM

Re: The Well: mosuavea

[ QUOTE ]

Q: When on the button and assume no reads and even stacks, UTG makes a 4xBB raise and it is folded to you, what do you call with what do u raise with?

Q: At 25NL, what was ur avg Pt/BB and how long were u at 25NL before moving up?

Q: How do u deal with tilt?

Q: Is pipmin really that hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Too vague really but I am either calling or raising with SCs> 65, PP big raising >88/99 Calling with PP <=77, Repopping with AQ/AK and probably mucking the rest until I had a read.

2. Dont have PT in front but I am pretty sure it was 9ish and I played 60k hands or so before moving up.

3. I dont tilt, its just money

4. Not in Niagara Falls [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pallonaama 07-19-2006 09:49 AM

I've had pretty much the same route in hold em as you. From .50/1 FL to 2/4 and then got bored and gave a shot at 25NL. Now I've played 4k hands @ 25 an 6k hands @ 50 and the games seem to be very soft and I've managed to get a decent winrate over that tiny sample.

Now I'm eager to get to the 100NL and I've given it my first shot. I feel like I'm on a downswing and playing a bit too tight when I went to that level and now I'm down about something like 2 buy-ins. Game is a lot tougher but I believe I'm able to handle it.

So what do you say, how big is the leap from 50 to 100 and how much can one blame downswing for variance or is it just me? I'm well bankrolled to 100 so that shouldn't be a problem. Are 800 hands enough to tell me that those guys up there are just too much for me?

tufat23 07-19-2006 09:53 AM

do you think having someone in the well so often is complete over kill. sure the idea is really good and i'll read every thread, but I bet we're gonna start running out of questions pretty soon, and we'll see more OOT questions pop up. maybe have only two well dwellers per week?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what do you say, how big is the leap from 50 to 100 and how much can one blame downswing for variance or is it just me? I'm well bankrolled to 100 so that shouldn't be a problem. Are 800 hands enough to tell me that those guys up there are just too much for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

The leap from 50 to 100 isnt much if at all, maybe more agression but in general they play very similar. Just have to get used to bet sizes.

Variance is part of the game and you need much more than 800 hands to tell whether its you or variance. Play more hands, if it continues, drop down gain confidence and try again. I wouldnt move up a level during a downswing purely based on confidence level.

800 hands isnt even a drop in the bucket to tell whether youre a winner at a level.

mosuavea 07-19-2006 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do you think having someone in the well so often is complete over kill. sure the idea is really good and i'll read every thread, but I bet we're gonna start running out of questions pretty soon, and we'll see more OOT questions pop up. maybe have only two well dwellers per week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats actually all there is. Its split mid week, no weekend anymore from what I have gathered from AJ and others. I am the second this week (not counting dbitels) and it will restart monday and again wednesday.

Nothing wrong with OOT type stuff its generally a LC thread anyhow. I see it as poker content with a mix of get to know the posters. If everyone had the same answers to all questions, then yeah it would be pretty lame but I highly doubt thats the case.

Hopefully we get some HS/MS guys in later and some realtively new guys to see what they have to say. Its meant to be fun and spice things up. If it gets lame I am sure AJ/Grunch will pull the plug.

EMc 07-19-2006 09:59 AM

Id like to volunteer to be in the well ASAP.

FeNeF 07-19-2006 10:00 AM

Do you ever openlimp?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever openlimp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am not in the camp of never open limp, although I would never open limp from the CO/Button.

In EP I will limp SCs and small pocket pairs depending on image and table conditions. My defualt line is to limp these but I will raise them from time to time.

epdaws 07-19-2006 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. We need to know how each individual poster will answer the live man / dead woman question.

In all seriousness, I think this is a good exercise to A) know more about someone personally, if they allow, and B) know more about their poker style.

epdaws 07-19-2006 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if these threads become lame, that will be a function of poor inquiries, not the concept itself.