Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   busto again on stars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544836)

the alex 11-13-2007 04:48 PM

Re: busto again on stars

[ QUOTE ]
i say this every time but Elky's loc would def be: looking like Dee Snider

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Chesskid1 11-13-2007 04:51 PM

to be honest, pokerstars should easily be the most profitable site to any dedicated MTTer player, in regards of amount of tournies starting, strength of field, prize pools, etc. (elky is losing because he plays above his head). If you aren't winning on stars MTT, you aren't playing well. (obvious exceptions for like if you only play the high buyins)

Perplexity 11-13-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to be honest, pokerstars should easily be the most profitable site to any dedicated MTTer player, in regards of amount of tournies starting, strength of field, prize pools, etc. (elky is losing because he plays above his head). If you aren't winning on stars MTT after playing X tournies with average field size Y, you aren't playing well. (obvious exceptions for like if you only play the high buyins)

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP... what are plausible X/Y values?

Bertrand13 11-13-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to be honest, pokerstars should easily be the most profitable site to any dedicated MTTer player, in regards of amount of tournies starting, strength of field, prize pools, etc. (elky is losing because he plays above his head). If you aren't winning on stars MTT, you aren't playing well. (obvious exceptions for like if you only play the high buyins)

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand what your saying...i dont think i play that bad i mean i have made around 100k in the past year on ub party and ap but the avg field size in those mtt's are usually around 200 or so

my thinking is i need to find out what my leaks are in mtt's with large fields or variance is just biting me in the ass on stars

any suggestions how to figure out my leaks other than cardrunners?

pegusus 11-13-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i understand what your saying...i dont think i play that bad i mean i have made around 100k in the past year on ub party and ap but the avg field size in those mtt's are usually around 200 or so

[/ QUOTE ]

100k in winnings or 100k in profits, if it's 100k in profits over a good sample size (i.e. you didn't just run hot or luckbox something) then why would you care about stars, just stick to your strengths. although yea, if you have a good sample size on stars and are still a losing player then perhaps you are playing above your head or playing bad.

Bertrand13 11-13-2007 07:10 PM

yes its around 100k in profits and no i didntly just luckbox a big tourny iv actually won a ton of smaller mtt's (avg like 4k prize)

and the reason i care so much about stars is because i wanna move up and its hard to do so on ub when the biggest daily tournament has a prize pool of like 20k

but you are right i should def just stick to my strengths

A_PLUS 11-13-2007 10:16 PM

What is the average field size? I imagine stars is a lot larger. If so, that means you need a ton more MTTs before you can reasonably say you are a losing player on stars.

Honestly, I always thought stars was the toughest pre US outlaw, but the prize pools and tourney frequency made up for it. Probably still the same now.

Assani Fisher 11-13-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nah

just thought maybe some people have had the same problem as myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing? Pretty sure aloot of people have this problem

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

99,670 and counting

jonnyd 11-13-2007 10:23 PM