Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Claw Crab Meat... WTF? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464987)

prodonkey 07-30-2007 10:19 PM

Re: Claw Crab Meat... WTF?

I could totally eat 3 pounds of crabcakes in 1 sitting

sledghammer 07-30-2007 10:52 PM

Get some triscuits, and maybe some cheese or something, put the crab on em, eat one while pacing around the house, eat another, pace, repeat.

EDIT: wheat thins?

Thremp 07-30-2007 11:53 PM

The crab is raw everyone. I am not going to eat raw crab. Well, unless someone can give a good suggestion.

Note the word fresh in the title.

To add insult to injury. I probably burned 800 bucks in 700 hands. Whoop whoop.

delaware99 07-31-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha you're a guy, and you're into....cooking so fancy you need it to be in the shape of a claw ?

SRSLY ?

hahahah, I honestly have never been a witness to this degree of fancyness from a dude.

Do you like girls ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess the girls you like dont like nice restaurants.... fyi stupid, best chefs in the world are guys.

nothing gets a girl faster then watching you prepare a good meal. sometimes i forget the retards that are on here.

Emmitt2222 07-31-2007 12:19 AM

So the crab is raw, like straight from the shell after they killed it and they never even boiled it? If so I have no idea how to proceed. Maybe you can just boil or steam the meat? I have never boiled anything other than live crabs though. Weird.

Crab claw meat is not of the same quality as the body, but I do still think it is delicious so I would still just eat it straight up after boiling though. I eat lump crab meat straight from the can all the time. This probably didn't help at all, but good luck trying to find out what to do.

Thremp 07-31-2007 12:56 AM

REPORT:

CRAB CAKES LOOK LIKE PHOTO A+

jcmoussa 07-31-2007 01:10 AM

you actually expected to get unshelled claws of crab in a can?

wet work 07-31-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you actually expected to get unshelled claws of crab in a can?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can buy those they're called cocktail claws. FWIW, I've never had a claw meat crabcake. You really want jumbo lump or backfin for those. My favorites are crab fluffs (crab meat deep-fried in a batter, so good if done right) and softshell crab sandwiches. Claws are mainly used for crab soup. Maryland FTW.

szw 07-31-2007 01:44 AM

Can you post a picture? Raw unshelled crab meat sounds really weird to me, I don't even know what that would look like!

The chinese-wedding style deep fried crab claws are the best. I wish I knew how to make those.

wet work 07-31-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you post a picture? Raw unshelled crab meat sounds really weird to me, I don't even know what that would look like!

The chinese-wedding style deep fried crab claws are the best. I wish I knew how to make those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Found some on this site: web page