Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   hit n running at stars hu tables (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470043)

MrGatorade 08-14-2007 07:17 AM

Re: hit n running at stars hu tables

[ QUOTE ]
I like hit n running reasonably good players [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my enemy and your behavior is absolutly unethical. How can some of you even define "hit and running" as anything but. Many 2+2er's some people know who I am refering to absolutly LOVE to hit and run but what I seriously dont understand is if your the better player then why do you continue to hit and run and what kind of satisfaction does one get from being an absolutly unethical human being? Hitting and running is up there with bots in my book especially the ones that do it over and over and make an art of it... Learn to play the game and make more then a few BB and play the game as it was intended to be played. Ahh... Going to go drink a Pepsi now. Sigh.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

joker122 08-14-2007 02:49 PM

it used to really tilt me until i realized a huge part of my HU earn comes from hit and runners.

PokerBob 08-14-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like hit n running reasonably good players [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my enemy and your behavior is absolutly unethical. How can some of you even define "hit and running" as anything but. Many 2+2er's some people know who I am refering to absolutly LOVE to hit and run but what I seriously dont understand is if your the better player then why do you continue to hit and run and what kind of satisfaction does one get from being an absolutly unethical human being? Hitting and running is up there with bots in my book especially the ones that do it over and over and make an art of it... Learn to play the game and make more then a few BB and play the game as it was intended to be played. Ahh... Going to go drink a Pepsi now. Sigh.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

[/ QUOTE ]

get a grip. hit and running is not unethical. it is annoying and stupid, but not unethical. the guy has no obligation to stay for any set amount of time. how can you not see that?

Buffsta8 08-14-2007 05:10 PM

How can hit n running possibly be deemed unethical? Allin abuse and botting is unethical but hit n running? thats like those old guys that think check raising is unethical [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I also don't think hit n running is stupid and I think it alters many opponents to play differently early (trying overly hard to win early pots to make you stay) also it tilts people as can be witnessed by this thread. For the record I dont play a great amount of hu either

geormiet 08-14-2007 06:01 PM

It's akin to taking the max amount of time for each decision. it's techincally allowed, but people who do it and take it to an extreme I feel are huge aholes because they're trying to take a cheap shot to try to tilt their opponent.

I used to play a site where there was a guy who would play, and he'd leave if he was up 2 or more bets. one day he did this to me maybe 5 times over the course of my 6 hour session, and i wanted to punch my fist through the monitor.

DeathDonkey 08-14-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's akin to taking the max amount of time for each decision. it's techincally allowed, but people who do it and take it to an extreme I feel are huge aholes because they're trying to take a cheap shot to try to tilt their opponent.

I used to play a site where there was a guy who would play, and he'd leave if he was up 2 or more bets. one day he did this to me maybe 5 times over the course of my 6 hour session, and i wanted to punch my fist through the monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

So don't play him?? I agree with PBob this is no big deal. If you won't play a guy unless he agrees to play for an hour, and then he quits you after 20 min, fine, he's unethical, but 99% of the time you don't have these agreements.

I agree with Crazy Mike more than most but I totally disagree on this issue. He likes to do live freezeouts, fine. Those are FREEZEOUTS where both people agree. Online HU tables do not work that way and no amount of whining is going to change that. This strikes me as similar to the shortstacking debates in the NL forums. A lot of good winning players think shortstacking is somehow unethical even though its well within the rules.

-DeathDonkey

geormiet 08-14-2007 07:27 PM

No, i do play him, as evidenced by the fact he was able to hit and run me many times.

geormiet 08-14-2007 07:43 PM

Ok I just got hit and run (15/30, he played for 10 mins and we swung a bit and he left up $250 so I don't know if it qualifies as a hit n run).

Anyway part of the reason I'm really pissed is because so much of hu is metagame and getting a read on your opponent, and I think early on you might give up some ev for future opportunities. Then when he leaves early on you lose out.

In this session i was feeling great and ready to bust this guy, when he quickly leaves. I"m trying to not to be pissed off, but I'm just trying to explain why I want to be.

vmacosta 08-14-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's techincally allowed, but people who do it and take it to an extreme I feel are huge aholes because they're trying to take a cheap shot to try to tilt their opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

they might be "a-holes" but they're clearly poor strategists if they wanna quit you when you're losing and might be tilted.

What pisses me off is lose-and-runners, like someone said, cuz i worked so damn hard to finally beat somebody damn it i want them to stay so i can turn the tables and get some of their tilt money.

geormiet 08-14-2007 08:12 PM

hmm my hit n runners usually come back, so they are still good strategists.