Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Where do most of your profits come from? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527736)

1p0kerboy 10-23-2007 01:43 PM

Re: Where do most of your profits come from?

[ QUOTE ]
If any of you guys get it from people playing over aggressively then please please teach me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy in for 20bb.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm pretty sure that "players giving too much action when the shouldn't" does not mean fish or donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that is what I meant.

I was referring to players giving action when they shouldn't; i.e. playing big pots with small hands, etc.

seki 10-23-2007 01:44 PM

profit?

toymach776 10-23-2007 01:58 PM

lol

futuredoc85 10-23-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely FE out of these choices.

If any of you guys get it from people playing over aggressively then please please teach me.

[/ QUOTE ]

get a seat in position vs overaggro players, call down lighter, dont valuebet quite as thinly on any street since you will be getting c/r more.

Alpha 5.20 10-23-2007 02:26 PM

1p0kerboy I've seen you playing half stacks the past few days, is this just an experiment or a big change in ur overall strategy? I'm doubtfull it leads to a better winrate on the long run at NL100. I think shortstackin to exploit the overagressive players is far easier in Omaha games. So have u noticed a difference on your winrate when u play full stack or half stack? I'm quite curious here.

Albert Moulton 10-23-2007 02:32 PM

I play live. There, the answer is...

[ QUOTE ]
Players giving too much action when they shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

ActionStan 10-23-2007 02:33 PM

limp/call/check/bet/fold - delicious.

Split Suit 10-23-2007 02:39 PM

certainly not AA>KK, being i havnt had one in my favor in the last 22K hands

CalledDownLight 10-23-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy in for 20bb.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm pretty sure that "players giving too much action when the shouldn't" does not mean fish or donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that is what I meant.

I was referring to players giving action when they shouldn't; i.e. playing big pots with small hands, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. Then I guess this is the obvious answer. I mean look at all the hands posted where people get stacks vs. stuff like Q high. If you take the money I've made with AA and KK and add it to the money I've made with any hands vs. people calling 2+ streets with high card then thats way over my overall profit. Maybe that means I suck, but people overplay stuff like J high all the time. I think this is a really stupid pole btw. Can anyone legitimately say that anything else is the right answer? I don't think there is a valid argument for any other choice.

five4suited 10-23-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[x] all of the above FTW.

Seriously.... but of course you knew that.

Can't just target one group of villains to make a nut.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this answer, because I don't target a single group of villains... and I choose to believe it because otherwise I just get paid by donks and suck at poker. (I downloaded PokerEV yesterday and the graphs confuse and mock me.)