Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Deep stack games - making them play YOUR game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553763)

holdme 11-25-2007 01:00 AM

Re: Deep stack games - making them play YOUR game

a) raising 8x is stupid
b) wtf keep raising the same range from utg as you do from the button and enjoy your 1bb/100 profit

Fly 11-25-2007 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this sounds like an awful idea online where people have a clue what your doing. And fly, seriously, wtf, poker REVOLVES around the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant that the point of constantly raising from "steal" positions was to play lots of hands in position w/ the betting lead and a disguised hand, not to actually "steal the blinds" which is just a bonus.

pineapple888 11-25-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this sounds like an awful idea online where people have a clue what your doing. And fly, seriously, wtf, poker REVOLVES around the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just meant that the point of constantly raising from "steal" positions was to play lots of hands in position w/ the betting lead and a disguised hand, not to actually "steal the blinds" which is just a bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the other way around in most cases. The problem is that Villains typically don't have a hand they are going to invest much $$ with once you get to the CO/Button, so you're happy to just take it down right away. And if 1.) you have a good hand, and 2.) they do hit some random 2 pair or whatever because you kept them in, you are hating life.

holdme 11-25-2007 01:43 AM

i dont have pt now but look and i bet you make a tooonnnnn of profit from blind steals

mrw8419 11-25-2007 02:24 AM

Doubling the stacks, keeping the blinds the same, and doubling your pfr cancel each other out since you still end up with the same stack to pot ratio post flop.

pineapple888 11-25-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doubling the stacks, keeping the blinds the same, and doubling your pfr cancel each other out since you still end up with the same stack to pot ratio post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is you have changed your opponent's preflop decisions. It's not the same.

carrotsnake 11-25-2007 02:35 AM

no mrw, it really doesn't

Fly 11-25-2007 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the other way around in most cases. The problem is that Villains typically don't have a hand they are going to invest much $$ with once you get to the CO/Button, so you're happy to just take it down right away. And if 1.) you have a good hand, and 2.) they do hit some random 2 pair or whatever because you kept them in, you are hating life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the other way around of the other way around (in most cases). [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

carrotsnake 11-25-2007 03:04 AM

god, I hate agreeing wiht pineapple so much, it hurts [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

pineapple888 11-25-2007 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
god, I hate agreeing wiht pineapple so much, it hurts [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what? Just cause I'm not a crazy lagtard doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.