Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10-20 I'm terrible V Stinger (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513442)

Nielsio 10-05-2007 01:39 AM

Re: 10-20 I\'m terrible V Stinger

How is 3-betting not standard preflop? I'm generally opening A2o through J3s and whatever on the button.

KRANTZ 10-05-2007 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is 3-betting not standard preflop? I'm generally opening A2o through J3s and whatever on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you can't play well in reraised pots, stinger will own you. or you will just win the blinds + his button raise when he is feeling charitable and decides not to defend to your 3-bet.

Kilay 10-05-2007 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
let me rephrase what i said earlier. i would lead then call his raise, and reeval on the turn. i dont like playing /monkeymoneyinthemiddleontheflopifuhaveoverpair style like most ppl seem to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I got to agree that I don't like getting it all in on the flop with TT their either when he repopped which he is doing with a pretty wide range 'cause when you get a call you're probably not in great shape but I think it's also not easy to play the turn once a scare card come off, especially OOP and you are forced most of the times forced to check and a good chance any scare card Stinger is going to bet so then you still got to fold most of the time, so was just wondering...

MrP 10-05-2007 08:12 AM

im sure stinger outs it in on this flop with 99 or at least 4 bets u. He prolly doesnt think you would cc 10-10 vs him since he is so aggro
thoughts??
cr here = call

Nielsio 10-05-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you can't play well in reraised pots, stinger will own you. or you will just win the blinds + his button raise when he is feeling charitable and decides not to defend to your 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 3-betting and letting him play a single raised pot in position with ATC seems more like stinger owning you.

I rebluff you 10-05-2007 01:23 PM

I lead this flop, but if you check I'd much prefer a call and fire a good barrel on the turn.

futuredoc85 10-05-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 3-betting and letting him play a single raised pot in position with ATC seems more like stinger owning you.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT vs ATC seems like an OK edge to me even OOP.

Stinger88 10-05-2007 04:57 PM

Keep in mind that I don't raise any 2 cards on the button. I have a fairly wide range but certainly nowhere near any 2.

sMethod 10-06-2007 12:08 AM

Whats the plan after leading the flop into a player like this? How do we deal with his raise or call?

futuredoc85 10-06-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind that I don't raise any 2 cards on the button. I have a fairly wide range but certainly nowhere near any 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i was just responding to him saying that, my point was just that being ahead of your opening range doesnt necessarily dictate a 3-bet.