Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   FT200 No pair against a maniac (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554775)

Money2Burn 11-26-2007 04:08 PM

Re: FT200 No pair against a maniac

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Word of advice: It's generally a good idea to make a hand vs a 68/41 and then bet said hand. A hand would be a pair or greater.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, fit or fold ldo. This is a crappy post but I guess it might be sarcastic. Range, equity, folding equity etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know how wide his range would have to be to make pushing profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]
It has to be a pure bluff somthing like 30% of the time. That's assuming he'll never call with worse except FDs and he calls all PPs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he folds 22 and 33 some % of the time, and calls Ax air some % of the time also.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really think this is the case then I guess it's fine. I'm just not used to playing against players like this, I can't even remember the last time I was at a table with someone over 45%VPIP much less 60.

Nick Royale 11-26-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Word of advice: It's generally a good idea to make a hand vs a 68/41 and then bet said hand. A hand would be a pair or greater.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, fit or fold ldo. This is a crappy post but I guess it might be sarcastic. Range, equity, folding equity etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know how wide his range would have to be to make pushing profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]
It has to be a pure bluff somthing like 30% of the time. That's assuming he'll never call with worse except FDs and he calls all PPs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he folds 22 and 33 some % of the time, and calls Ax air some % of the time also.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really think this is the case then I guess it's fine. I'm just not used to playing against players like this, I can't even remember the last time I was at a table with someone over 45%VPIP much less 60.

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to improve your tableselction.

Money2Burn 11-26-2007 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
More like I need to improve my site selection [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

BGnight 11-26-2007 04:15 PM

NH. AK is the nuts in this situation vs this guy. If he does have a pair you have outs too.

tubasteve 11-26-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
More like I need to improve my site selection [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you play?

Noam Chomsky 11-26-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Word of advice: It's generally a good idea to make a hand vs a 68/41 and then call said hand down regardless of board texture. A hand would be a pair or greater.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also call down with AK from time to time as well but I don't understand this shove.

BGnight 11-26-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Word of advice: It's generally a good idea to make a hand vs a 68/41 and then call said hand down regardless of board texture. A hand would be a pair or greater.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also call down with AK from time to time as well but I don't understand this shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian's minraise is a bluff a good % of the time, so basically we're resemibluffing. I wouldn't be surprised to get calls from AQ either.

Money2Burn 11-26-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Red Nines, they're a Prima skin.

Fat Nicky 11-26-2007 05:26 PM

if he's been constantly raising the flop and people have been folding to his aggression, then i don't see much of a problem w/3-bet shoving the flop against this guy. i have made this play against these aggro tards various times in the past, and have had good success.

if called, you almost always have 6 outs.

Mr_Donktastic 11-26-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's fine as long as it doesn't tilt you when he calls you with 33 and wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1