Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Slowplaying AA DEEP .50/1 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298734)

deaders 01-05-2007 02:35 AM

Re: Slowplaying AA DEEP .50/1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how can you NOT shove preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c shoving pf = making ez money

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp...

Chaostracize 01-05-2007 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c shoving pf = throwing away money

[/ QUOTE ]

haha... WHAT???

Fly 01-05-2007 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost never the case with AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly is in this case unless villain is the donk of ages. 35/14 is bad but w/o any other info, no where near bad enough to even consider pushing pf. We even have position for god sakes!

deaders 01-05-2007 02:39 AM

Fly how many times have you seen someone 4-bet preflop then fold to a push? wtf...

Haupt_234 01-05-2007 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Purely FPS I guess.

I figured that his stats indicated that he would 4bet QQ/JJ/ possibly even TT OOP and I didn't want to scare those holdings away PF. I was hoping a semi-decent flop would come where he could get it all in for sure. The worst possible flop just happened to come. I'm not justifying the smooth call but rather explaining my (incorrect) reasoning.

Not that it matters, but it appears I got lucky as he did show down KK. I was definitely folding to a larger turn bet and agree with those who said I should have folded on the flop. A tad over 3:1 just isn't enough when there is a good chance villain could already have a straight, not to mention numerous other holdings.

Thanks for the responses.

Haupt_234

Fly 01-05-2007 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fly how many times have you seen someone 4-bet preflop then fold to a push? wtf...

[/ QUOTE ]

2 buyins makes a monstrous difference. People simply do not get the money in pf for 2 buy ins w/o the goods. Besides, this guy's aggresion is 4. I say if he has a hand thats calling a pf push then we bust him on almost every flop. If he doesn't, we'll get at the very least another bet out of him.

Isura 01-05-2007 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly is in this case unless villain is the donk of ages. 35/14 is bad but w/o any other info, no where near bad enough to even consider pushing pf. We even have position for god sakes!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I push this against good players too. No one is 4-betting QQ and folding here IMO. He'll snap call with QQ and AK, and possibly JJ/TT. Getting AI PF against KK/AK is hugely +EV, and its almost impossible to make up this EV postflop unless he is a huge bluffing station postflop.

Darkfolder 01-05-2007 02:47 AM

Against a player with those stats I dont mind the call preflop and as played I probably push the river, hoping to get called by kings.

Keyser. 01-05-2007 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I push this against good players too. No one is 4-betting QQ and folding here IMO. He'll snap call with QQ and AK, and possibly JJ/TT. Getting AI PF against KK/AK is hugely +EV, and its almost impossible to make up this EV postflop unless he is a huge bluffing station postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know this full ring right?

Fly 01-05-2007 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL I push this against good players too.

[/ QUOTE ]

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]

He'll snap call with QQ and AK, and possibly JJ/TT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he folds AK and TT very often, and JJ often.

[ QUOTE ]

Getting AI PF against KK/AK is hugely +EV, and its almost impossible to make up this EV postflop unless he is a huge bluffing station postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has KK, we'll bust him on most flops anyway and the equity we gain from other hands will exceed the required make up by leaps and bounds.