Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   AIM "AnnetteObrestad" Scammer and "Kevin Saul" on Facebook (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540753)

ImsaKidd 11-08-2007 01:11 AM

Re: AIM \"AnnetteObrestad\" Scammer and \"Kevin Saul\" on Facebook

[ QUOTE ]
I msged the hacker, he gave me an apology and the new password to my account. I login and delete all my buddies. Still going to reformat both computers, but It seems like hes done with my account.

He responded to "how did you get me?" with "i only got your aim". He confirmed I never downloaded anything.

I dont think I will be making another AIM account.

[/ QUOTE ]

AIM is kinda useful IMO

MINETZ 11-08-2007 01:16 AM

One of my friends fell for the scammer.

His money was sent to sirwatts1.

I got my aim back, but the fuker got my gmail. I have to redo everything now.

gobboboy 11-08-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so watts got hacked too?

nath 11-08-2007 02:17 AM

I think I'm friends with the fake Kevin Saul, I should have suspected something from a brand new facebook account

Lucky for me I'm not in a position to get scammed

Dakotasdad 11-08-2007 02:24 AM

Re: AIM \"AnnetteObrestad\" Scammer

[ QUOTE ]
being friends with someone from p5s on facebook is a huge beat

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

MINETZ 11-08-2007 04:09 AM

He back doored into a lot of important [censored] through AOL. its so sick that aol has an employee that can just get info.

Looks like everything should be over, still going to reformat/ get new credit card new e mail, etc.

hackers are the scum of the earth.

MINETZ 11-08-2007 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so watts got hacked too?

[/ QUOTE ]

when the person transfered to sir watts it auto locked his account so i assume fulltilt knows this already.

N 82 50 24 11-08-2007 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He back doored into a lot of important [censored] through AOL. its so sick that aol has an employee that can just get info.

Looks like everything should be over, still going to reformat/ get new credit card new e mail, etc.

hackers are the scum of the earth.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not really sure he did that... AIM passwords are extremely easy to reset if you know a little about the person.

I made sure the security answer to my AIM reset is something like "dslfhjasadlkfjwelkrj" so it's pretty unguessable. I also use an AIM password that I don't use for anything else just in case someone was able to figure out what it is.

I don't know what else to do to protect myself, but hopefully that is sufficient. I assume someone good enough or someone with insider access could get in somehow regardless if they really wanted it.

NHFunkii 11-08-2007 10:00 AM

oh fake below tried to add me on fb too, but I rejected him cause I've never met him and have barely exchanged a few words

Tinga 11-08-2007 02:36 PM

If the hacker is getting through a backdoor on AIM, then I would recommend using a 3rd party program such as Pidgin, GAIM, Trillian, or one of the many options available out there. There is no need to stop using AIM because of this person.

The backdoors that exist in AIM do not exist in these programs, and even offer some higher levels of security over the basic messenger directly from AOL.