Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Why does everyone in online FR always cbet? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399583)

Jurrr 05-10-2007 12:37 PM

Re: Why does everyone in online FR always cbet?

[ QUOTE ]
Because most everyone at NL200 and below are huge nits and just c/f flops they miss.

[/ QUOTE ]I find a lot of NL200/NL400 Party regulars have fold to cbet at something like 54% so if your cbet is 2/3 of pot it's not even profitable per se [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

bottomset 05-10-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're not cont. betting every flop, you need to re-read supersystem.

POWER POKER!

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you need to read it... he doesn't advocate c-betting everytime [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

he advocates picking up as many of the small pots that where nobody has anything good as possible, so maybe not all flops, but a lot of them

BJJIII 05-10-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone read Paradise Lost or the Odyssey lately?...

[/ QUOTE ]

ban

reading is stewpid
kthxbye

AmonRaa 05-10-2007 12:57 PM

Then perhaps double barreling is in order.

bottomset 05-10-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because most everyone at NL200 and below are huge nits and just c/f flops they miss.

[/ QUOTE ]I find a lot of NL200/NL400 Party regulars have fold to cbet at something like 54% so if your cbet is 2/3 of pot it's not even profitable per se [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmn it'd be pretty close to neutral but still +EV if you don't ever win when called/raised on the flop, but you do go onto win some of the time

a potsized bet needs to work 50% to break even

raistlinx 05-10-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're not cont. betting every flop, you need to re-read supersystem.

POWER POKER!

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you need to read it... he doesn't advocate c-betting everytime [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

he advocates picking up as many of the small pots that where nobody has anything good as possible, so maybe not all flops, but a lot of them

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, so as I said I think he should reread it based on his post.

zman2245 05-10-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands do you have to have on someone in order to be able to rely on the "Fold to Cbet %" stat in PT? I've noticed, for example, that I may have 1500 hands on someone but only 20-30 instances in which he could have folded to a cbet. That doesn't seem very reliable from a statistics viewpoint.

Jurrr 05-10-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmn it'd be pretty close to neutral but still +EV if you don't ever win when called/raised on the flop, but you do go onto win some of the time

a potsized bet needs to work 50% to break even

[/ QUOTE ]OK, thanks for the correction, you're right.

MyTurn2Raise 05-10-2007 03:55 PM

i think my c-bet% is like 90% for full ring
those who have played against me can be more specific

stars is full of a lot of weak-tight play

Renton 05-10-2007 04:03 PM

i check quite a few flops