Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=458388)

DonkeyKongSr 07-30-2007 03:34 PM

Re: Guitar Hero Rocks the 80\'s

I played this at a friend's the other day...

- The playlist sucks
- Couldn't they 80's up the game a little more than just the costumes? I expected even the slightest bit of work giving it that look, but nope.

baumer 07-30-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only done the first 2 tiers. The cover guy who did 18 and Life has to be the worst one yet. Then again, Sebastian Bach had a great voice that's hard to replicate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played this yet but I think it'd be nearly impossible to do worse than the Wolfmother cover. Though I do give him some leeway because that high screechy voice is tough to nail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing could be worse than the RATM cover on GH2...

UNDERRRRR CONTROOOLLLLL!!!!!

Tokyo!! 07-30-2007 06:00 PM

yeah its not a top tier product. but it's good enough to hold me over until gh3 drops. and i like alot of the cheezy songs (and play with me is EXTREME!)

what more could you want from an expansion pack (i agree re-using the fret boards was lame, but the rest of the changes dont bother me).

Big Poppa Smurf 07-31-2007 01:53 AM

oh and the worst cover on this game (or any game so far) is clearly "radar love," which sucks harder than any cover song has ever sucked before

MuresanForMVP 07-31-2007 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh and the worst cover on this game (or any game so far) is clearly "radar love," which sucks harder than any cover song has ever sucked before

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing, but when you actually download the song by the band it was "made famous" by according to the game it does sound very similar.

TheHip41 07-31-2007 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the worst cover song of a cover song of a cover song I've ever heard.

AceLuby 07-31-2007 09:50 AM

Dio's Holy Diver is pure gold...

TimTimSalabim 07-31-2007 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got some good competition from Ballroom Blitz for that title.

TheHip41 08-01-2007 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got some good competition from Ballroom Blitz for that title.

[/ QUOTE ]

the first time I played BB, I didn't even know what it was until about 1 minute into it.

that is a horrible cover.

Big Poppa Smurf 08-04-2007 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing, but when you actually download the song by the band it was "made famous" by according to the game it does sound very similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

all white lion did is kill a good song