Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Vulnerable House Internet Poker Opponents (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433273)

Gregatron 06-22-2007 01:43 PM

Re: Vulnerable House Internet Poker Opponents

It might be a good idea to start scoping out potential congressional candidates for Jefferson's LA seat. He is going to jail, and will likely be replaced by another black, relatively liberal Democrat. LA uses a different system than the rest of the country, where the multiple opponents run in a first round, and there is almost always a runoff election of the top two candidates. There is a good chance that whoever will end up winning has not seriously thought about online gambling, but his/her position could easily be swayed for some campaign contributions. This might even be and instance where betting on BOTH horses is +EV.

TheEngineer 06-22-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Senate, John Sununu is already running afraid in New Hampshire. He has made some attempts to distance himself from the rest of the republicans on civil rights issues, and is very afraid that the Iraq war will send him home just like it did both of NH's representatives last fall.

Perhaps he can be made to see that support from a few thousand poker players could make the difference (actually, unless he backs off his war support, it probabaly wont). I will write him and report his response here.

I will also write whomever the Dems nominate to run against him.

Skallagrim

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a good one to target for the reasons you mentioned.

I look forward to his reply to your letter.

oldbookguy 06-22-2007 01:59 PM

Engineer,

Add Shelley Moore capito, R. WV to this list.

She will be finally challenged by a serious democrat
John Unger II a member of the WV State Senate.
Note: He is from Berkley County and was instrumental is getting the right of 4 counties to local option vote on gaming at the Horse Tracks as well.
For more on him:
http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Senate1...senmemview.cfm

He will be a very strong candidate and has a very good chance of winning. He is from the center area of her strongest supporters as well and has a great following there.

obg

SoftcoreRevolt 06-22-2007 02:34 PM

Shays is really vunerable. In 06 he was looked upon as the only Republican Rep in CT who might lose his seat, but then things got weird and he ended up as the only one to keep his seat. Having a repeat challenger from 04 may have helped him a bit, so hopefully a fresh challenger is prepared in 08.

Of those who have been listed the chances of getting him out are amoung the best.

The Venetian 06-22-2007 02:47 PM

Another one to check up in the House is Vern Buchanan (R-FL). He won a highly disputed, extremely close election in the Sarasota-Bradenton-Venice area where there were serious allegations and possible proof of voting machine irregularities. His opponent, Christine Jennings, was a former bank president, and I'd be very surprised if she doesn't get the Democratic nomination again next time.

He ran a pretty dirty primary campaign and burned a lot of bridges in his own party, to the point where a few of them strongly considered not endorsing him in the general election. In 2008, this might be as close to an open seat as you can have with an incumbent running.

The only "problem" is that he's actually appeared to be a pretty even-handed Congressman, despite a campaign which pulled far, far to the right. Has anyone created a nice form letter looking for views on Internet gambling for those in the House who weren't around for UIGEA?

meleader2 06-22-2007 03:16 PM

we really really need to get Bachus out just for darwin's sake, christ he is dumb.

Richas 06-22-2007 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see her ousted also because of her crying on the House floor about her kids seeing the Janet Jackson Super Bowl incident on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I didn't know this. My kids sneaked out of their room tonight to see me cudddling my naked wife before she got ready to go out.

I'll give you 2-1 that her kids need therapy and mine don't. What would she do if her kids found her in such a compromising position - nervous breakdown?

ChrisAJ 06-22-2007 07:03 PM

Might want to check their percentages in the '04 elections as well.

Tuff_Fish 06-22-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL, I didn't know this. My kids sneaked out of their room tonight to see me cudddling my naked wife before she got ready to go out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reply is worthless without pics... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CountingMyOuts 06-22-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see her ousted also because of her crying on the House floor about her kids seeing the Janet Jackson Super Bowl incident on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you 2-1 that her kids need therapy and mine don't. What would she do if her kids found her in such a compromising position - nervous breakdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they share her genes, I'll pass on that bet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I saw a YouTube clip of Wilson's performance just prior to the Congressional elections. Pathetically funny.