Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   How rich is JohnnyBax? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373379)

captZEEbo 04-06-2007 12:45 PM

Re: How rich is JohnnyBax?

he must have a lot of money simply for the fact that he is probably the #1 backer of live tourny players. If he's at all good at figuring out who's +EV and variance has run okay for him, I'm sure he's made a very healthy clip on backing deals too.

yellowsub 04-06-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shaniac is right here. To back the staggering number of horrible tournament players that he and sheets do, they'd both have to be extremely wealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had the screen shot of my busto Stars account from a few weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

u never were very good at 3/6

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Boredom 04-06-2007 01:53 PM

Bax lives twenty minutes from me, in an area where, unless he has the cheapest house in the whole town, his home is probably worth 1mil+, and could easily be worth 2. And the guy has 600k in cashes since July last year on UB alone I believe. Too lazy to db it, but he is definitely balling hard regardless.

raptor517 04-06-2007 02:25 PM

10 mil really isnt that much.. if im not worth 10 mil by the time im 30 i will be supremely disappointed with myself.

THAY3R 04-06-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10 mil really isnt that much.. if im not worth 10 mil by the time im 30 i will be supremely disappointed with myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagles 04-06-2007 02:33 PM

Bax is a very good tournament player and probably makes a lot of money backing.

I have no idea what he did before poker but I trust shaniac that he made a ton of money doing that.

Someone said he made almost 1mill in live tournaments last year. I could be wrong but that just includes cashes so it doesn't include tournaments he didn't cash in and the buyins of tournaments he did cash in.

iMsoLucky0 04-06-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bax is a very good tournament player and probably makes a lot of money backing.

I have no idea what he did before poker but I trust shaniac that he made a ton of money doing that.

Someone said he made almost 1mill in live tournaments last year. I could be wrong but that just includes cashes so it doesn't include tournaments he didn't cash in and the buyins of tournaments he did cash in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but most tournaments he plays he satellites into or gets his seat some other way. I'd say he definitely spent <100k and probably <50k on buyins last year.

I also want to throw in a serious LOL@anyone that thinks the number is below 5 million. That is the absolute bottom figure I would guess and seriously think it's over 10 if not way over 10. Some people actually enjoy poker and play for the challenge/fun of it, ya know?

shaniac 04-06-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that my net worth will never even come close to 10M.

Actually, I'll be displeased if I don't die broke.

Edit: Also, you are wrong, 10M 'net worth' is a hell of a lot.

buckslayer80 04-06-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

daryn 04-06-2007 04:23 PM

hilarious comment about the 10 mil thing.