Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WSOP Trip Report part 17: Additional (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438157)

TheNewf 06-29-2007 12:42 AM

Re: WSOP Trip Report part 17: Additional

I've been grinding the wsop events so hard I needed a day like yesterday. When i first sat down at the table iwas playing every hand and winning every hand (mostly at grayfx's expense) to amass a huge pyramid of chips, but by the end I was down to a rack and a half of whites. grayfx got his revenge on this well hand:

There is some absurd amount of straddling and I either 3-bet or 4-bet after looking at my cards for once with AJ. A bunch of people call and the flop comes AQ9 with one heart, and grayfx calls my bet. Turn Th, grayfx calls again. River 8h, grayfx checkraises me and 67hh is good. It was all down hill for me from there.

As for the cougar, she was a relatively good looking older woman, but I'd estimate I was at least 3-4 beers from fooling around with her, and at least 6-7 from marriage, though considering we had the $5K event today I definitely drank a lot more than I was planning to. I felt pretty awesome playing hungover on like 4 hours sleep today.

grafyx 06-29-2007 09:42 AM

After the 5k today, mlagoo introduced superfluousman and I to wpt bonus holdem in the pit. We start drinking and somehow superfluousman and I manage to drop 2k each on the game. After dinner, superflousman and I went back to the pit to reclaim our money at craps and blackjack. We buyin for 1k each and ran pretty good at the start, but then we got coolered. Superfluousman went busto and I was down to my last 200$. He left to crash since he is playing the 2k in a few hours and I headed back to Harrahs and sat down at the wpt bonus holdem to go busto or robusto. I ran pretty good and got up to 800 or so. The plan was to get back to 1k and then crash. For anyone who hasn't played the game, there is a bonus bet you can play that pays 3-1 if you get a pair 22-TT, 5-1 for JJ-KK, 30-1 for AA, etc. So, I pick up AA with 50$ on the base bet and 5$ on the bonus and I'm nearly a lock to get back to over 1k. I obviously go allin for the 300$ maximum bet. Dealer deals out all the cards and flips over his first card Ace, 2nd one Ace. So sick, getting AA vs dealer's AA is a 1000-1 bonus payout. Ship the 5k. Pit robusto!!!

luckychewy 06-29-2007 11:35 AM

grafyx you seem to run really good at whatever you do in any live setting.

goldtoes 06-29-2007 11:54 AM

I love these threads

WuTank 06-29-2007 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After the 5k today, mlagoo introduced superfluousman and I to wpt bonus holdem in the pit. We start drinking and somehow superfluousman and I manage to drop 2k each on the game. After dinner, superflousman and I went back to the pit to reclaim our money at craps and blackjack. We buyin for 1k each and ran pretty good at the start, but then we got coolered. Superfluousman went busto and I was down to my last 200$. He left to crash since he is playing the 2k in a few hours and I headed back to Harrahs and sat down at the wpt bonus holdem to go busto or robusto. I ran pretty good and got up to 800 or so. The plan was to get back to 1k and then crash. For anyone who hasn't played the game, there is a bonus bet you can play that pays 3-1 if you get a pair 22-TT, 5-1 for JJ-KK, 30-1 for AA, etc. So, I pick up AA with 50$ on the base bet and 5$ on the bonus and I'm nearly a lock to get back to over 1k. I obviously go allin for the 300$ maximum bet. Dealer deals out all the cards and flips over his first card Ace, 2nd one Ace. So sick, getting AA vs dealer's AA is a 1000-1 bonus payout. Ship the 5k. Pit robusto!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

gz on the 5k but please explain how this system works.Is it just a reg. holdem game with sth. like a probe bet?

Amerzel 06-29-2007 12:00 PM

best trip report yet! keep em coming!

wasalladream 06-29-2007 01:24 PM

Bond's trip reports are always the first thing i look for when I log in to 2+2 each morning.

grafyx 06-29-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gz on the 5k but please explain how this system works.Is it just a reg. holdem game with sth. like a probe bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You pay an "ante" to get two cards and then you can play the optional bonus bet. It then cost 2x the ante to see the flop. After that, you can bet for value on the flop and turn for 1x the ante. The Flop turn and river bets payoff at 1-1 vs the dealers hand. The ante only pays off if you win the hand with a straight or better.

06-29-2007 03:20 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

TheNewf 06-29-2007 05:43 PM

All, I saw the cougar dealing the $2K NL today. She was like 5 tables from mine in the rotation. I tilt shoved AK into AA to escape.