Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Bizarre river raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544413)

SNOWBALL 11-12-2007 10:28 PM

Re: Bizarre river raise

this would be more interesting if somehow you had K2hh, because then villain could have more flushes like QJhh, and QThh.

private joker 11-12-2007 11:00 PM

For those saying he might have a lower flush, why wouldn't he raise the turn to charge the naked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? Is the answer to that just that he's a weird spaz type? I was sort of thinking he either has a boat or nothing -- with nothing being anything from total air to a good pair to trip 3s that he thinks are good.

surfdoc 11-12-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those saying he might have a lower flush, why wouldn't he raise the turn to charge the naked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? Is the answer to that just that he's a weird spaz type? I was sort of thinking he either has a boat or nothing -- with nothing being anything from total air to a good pair to trip 3s that he thinks are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he need to charge someone with the naked Ah when he holds it? There is a third player in the pot correct?

andyfox 11-12-2007 11:23 PM

It seems much more likely has has a hand that beats yours and will either 4-bet or call than he has a hand that you beat and that will call your 3-bet, so I would just call.

private joker 11-12-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he need to charge someone with the naked Ah when he holds it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he held it, he wouldn't have a lower flush, he'd have a higher one.

MitchL 11-12-2007 11:40 PM

This is a call.

surfdoc 11-12-2007 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he need to charge someone with the naked Ah when he holds it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he held it, he wouldn't have a lower flush, he'd have a higher one.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, I misread your post.

bugstud 11-13-2007 12:22 AM

I always call here then get shown Ah3o or aces or something [censored] stupid.

mike l. 11-13-2007 01:57 AM

you really ought to 3 bet-call this river against an erratic player. you will be looking at Ah3x, smaller flushes, and even weirdly played overpairs too often to not get value with your flush.

mike l. 11-13-2007 02:00 AM

"Is the answer to that just that he's a weird spaz type?"

YES! this hand is a great example of good, sensible players trying to attribute their thinking to an irrational individual, and that's a pretty big mistake because in live poker especially at commerce you run into quite a few irrational thinkers.