Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Clock ruling at the Bellagio (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531652)

mosch 10-26-2007 11:27 AM

Re: Clock ruling at the Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]

Who thinks this was actually 30 seconds? He was probably 1/2 way through an album on his ipod.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a clock called on me with little delay at my last Bellagio visit. Of course in my situation it was some dumb short-stacked player who was trying to dodge a blind increase in an MTT.

That said, OP should pay more attention to his surroundings, and quit pretending that 1/2 is a WPT Championship.

SellingtheDrama 10-26-2007 11:32 AM

lol I've seen a player pull that. He bet and immediately called clock.

Best part is that the argument took long enough to get his blind into the next level.

davidlong14 10-26-2007 11:36 AM

1.) Pay attention
2.) Ignorance is no defense
3.) $50 Seems like a relatively cheap price to learn this lesson once & for all.

AngusThermopyle 10-26-2007 01:23 PM

Look at the bright side. At least your opponent was not able to get a read on you.

DeuceKicker 10-26-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so...absolutely no one is on my side.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm on your side... a little bit.

Unless you're the world's greatest actor, the floor should be able to tell that you really didn't realize the clock was for you. Especially if the clock was called quickly, I don't think there's any harm in giving you an extra 30 seconds.

On the other hand, it's pretty inexcusable that there is all this stuff going on around you in a hand you're contesting and you have no clue what's going on.

mrkilla 10-26-2007 02:21 PM

if the other dude can really pick up and eye dilation tells hes not sitting at your 1/2 table bro .

I wont bust your balls like everyone else is about it but , srsly pay att your wrong for not following the action . You are responsible for your own hand, perhaps the dealer should have given you a small declaration that it was you but if you are busy in lala land of now tells i doubt you heard his verbal declaration.

In Bigger games esp NL, no one is going all in and pushing there stack in

pig4bill 10-26-2007 03:40 PM

Villain is a regular floor tipper obv.

jeffnc 10-26-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Verbal declarations made in turn are binding. Even if you don't hear it. Even if it's one of your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. There has to be a reasonable accepted level of volume. Otherwise you could easily just whisper something, then cover your own face, then shoot an angle because no one heard you and wait until the clock times out and scoop the pot.

Aces McGee 10-26-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Verbal declarations made in turn are binding. Even if you don't hear it. Even if it's one of your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. There has to be a reasonable accepted level of volume. Otherwise you could easily just whisper something, then cover your own face, then shoot an angle because no one heard you and wait until the clock times out and scoop the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't work if literally no one hears you.

-McGee

Taso 10-26-2007 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the other dude can really pick up and eye dilation tells hes not sitting at your 1/2 table bro .

I wont bust your balls like everyone else is about it but , srsly pay att your wrong for not following the action . You are responsible for your own hand, perhaps the dealer should have given you a small declaration that it was you but if you are busy in lala land of now tells i doubt you heard his verbal declaration.

In Bigger games esp NL, no one is going all in and pushing there stack in

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolded parts put me on life tilt. I'm having a bad day in general, but this definitly made it worse.