Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Full Contact Poker merging with Pokerstars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=424994)

NicksDad1970 06-11-2007 12:44 PM

Re: Full Contact Poker merging with Pokerstars

TY Kenny

burningyen 06-11-2007 01:00 PM

FCP used to be my main cash game site. They had some cool MTT promotions, and oh God I miss the Pokerroom fish.

grdred944 06-11-2007 01:10 PM

Interesting development. Daniel doesn't like to share the limelight with anyone so it will be interesting to see how they market him along with their World Champions.

I still don't think he is busto but this points to his being very concerned as to where the bankroll is headed. Wonder what his cut of the buyout is or if his cut is simply to be staked and allowed to continue with all of his ego massaging activities - Protege, weekend at Danny's, etc...

Dima2000123 06-11-2007 01:20 PM

Is it a sign that Pokerstars is getting more reputable?

burningyen 06-11-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see this addressed in the link, what happens to people who already have an account at Stars but also have FCP accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Money gets added to your stars account.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, was just wondering if people would end up with two stars accounts or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the FCP admins posted:

"If you already have an account at Poker Stars then your balance will go to your current account. If a player doesn't have a Poker Stars account then they will have to open a new account and their balance will transfer to that account."

redCashion 06-11-2007 01:30 PM

More fish on Stars now?

Jooka 06-11-2007 01:46 PM

Since I already have a stars account I dont really mind, but I really dont like when a company I have done business basically bellies up and sells off my info for there benefit, so heres a big [censored] you DN.

WutRUTryin2Hit 06-11-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More fish on Stars now?

[/ QUOTE ]

0.0001% more, FCP wasn't exactly big. If Daniel starts playing regularily on Stars though, this will be very good news to current HS Stars players.

If there's any lesson to be learned here it's that if you start a poker site, don't just take the name of an existing site, change one word, and expect it to work.

rothko 06-11-2007 02:15 PM

damn, i've been training for protege 3.

NaturalSelection 06-11-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If there's any lesson to be learned here it's that if you start a poker site, don't just take the name of an existing site, change one word, and expect it to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

It DID work, until UIGEA. Ongame/Pokerroom was a GREAT network and always had good games. I think it was a smart move for FCP to go with them until they stopped allowing American players, but who could have predicted that?