Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   deepish with bottom set, his line is superstrong, ALLINOMG or fold? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=121716)

Ghazban 05-25-2006 11:36 AM

Re: deepish with bottom set, his line is superstrong, ALLINOMG or fold

[ QUOTE ]
this would be an awful way to play akcc unless you are playing against an opponent who is so tight he lays down bottom set [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was a good way to play AcKc, just that I saw it a lot. They don't want to jam the flop with one pair but now that they have a draw, they think they're gold. I don't know if 10/20 people do that but its not uncommon at 2/4-5/10.

Kirkrrr 05-25-2006 11:50 AM

Re: deepish with bottom set, his line is superstrong, ALLINOMG or fold?

I think you played it fine. I push the turn. You've got him beat far too often to fold here.

Kirk

smartalecc5 05-25-2006 01:19 PM

results?

creedofhubris 05-25-2006 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this would be an awful way to play akcc unless you are playing against an opponent who is so tight he lays down bottom set [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't usually get a chance to put 210 BBs on the line. Was wondering if that changed anything in people's opinion.

Allinlife 05-25-2006 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
results?

[/ QUOTE ]
hero calls and villain shows overset

creedofhubris 05-25-2006 05:19 PM

RESULTS

I thought about it for a while, then realized I was stuck a few grand and if I won this hand I'd be positive again, so there's no way I could consider folding.

I also figured pushing might possibly somehow maybe let him off the hook if all he has is AK, so better line was to call the check-raise and get it in on the river, as BluffThis suggested. I can also probably drop the hand if an ace falls on the river, since I think a lot of his range consists of aces up. Except I doubt I would've dropped it, but it's nice to think these things.

Anyway, I called.

River was a J which changed nothing, he pushes I call.

He has AQ, MHIG.

Sure to add more fuel to the "never fold a set" fire, but I thought it was a genuinely difficult decision, until I realized, ohno stuck, gamboooool!

BobboFitos 05-25-2006 05:21 PM

Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about it for a while, then realized I was stuck a few grand and if I won this hand I'd be positive again, so there's no way I could consider folding.

I also figured pushing might possibly somehow maybe let him off the hook if all he has is AK, so better line was to call the check-raise and get it in on the river, as BluffThis suggested. I can also probably drop the hand if an ace falls on the river, since I think a lot of his range consists of aces up. Except I doubt I would've dropped it, but it's nice to think these things.

Anyway, I called.

River was a J which changed nothing, he pushes I call.

He has AQ, MHIG.

Sure to add more fuel to the "never fold a set" fire, but I thought it was a genuinely difficult decision, until I realized, ohno stuck, gamboooool!

[/ QUOTE ]

you said you think he could have AK with this line, so you shouldn't fold on any river (even the ace, or I should say, especially the ace)

Nielsio 05-25-2006 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the worst possible reasoning for making poker decisions.

Still, interesting hand though.

creedofhubris 05-25-2006 05:25 PM

My vibe was AQ, AA, or QQ as I was playing the hand, I thought there was a remote chance of AK but not really likely.

BobboFitos 05-25-2006 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My vibe was AQ, AA, or QQ as I was playing the hand, I thought there was a remote chance of AK but not really likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah k.