Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Stalling for tv time is really bad for poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538808)

EL Burro Loco 11-05-2007 06:56 PM

Re: Stalling for tv time is really bad for poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 seconds on each decision, if no action, hand is dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 seconds, then dealer rolls a die. Even numbers=all in, Odd numbers=fold, 7=Jerry Yang bets a cool million

[/ QUOTE ]

KamiKatze 11-05-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 seconds on each decision, if no action, hand is dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 seconds, then dealer rolls a die. Even numbers=all in, Odd numbers=fold, 7=Jerry Yang bets a fat ugly asian million

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chilltown 11-05-2007 07:22 PM

Most of the times they don't stall for TV time...rather just to save face in a hand to the people around them. Like gee I have a hand aka 2 3 what to do.

beaver 11-05-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cooperative game theory

[/ QUOTE ]

Oxymoron, DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot.

Oh, and the problem could be partially solved if more players had the balls to just call the clock every time. I don't think that's going to happen, however. I've played in games where people call the clock almost every time someone takes more than 10 seconds on a decision, and all it does is make a really angry table.

Matt Savage 11-05-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jamie Gold and the WSOP's willingness to let him discuss hands set back poker one year as I have had to penalize players 100 times for verbally disclosing their hands and showing cards.

Matt Savage

[/ QUOTE ]

Well lose the rule then. It is retarded that you can tell lies about your hand but not the truth. (Except for situations where more than one player is in a hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if that was a rule than I would change it.

Matt

bills427 11-05-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cooperative game theory

[/ QUOTE ]

Oxymoron, DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO? really? did that really need a link?

JDesab 11-05-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Virtually every final table player is capable of multi-tabling and playing over 200 hands per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

online poker world is an offchute of the real live poker world

don't try to bring your bastardized version to the live game.

any player at the table can call clock on anyone else.

the ME FT did more like 20 hands per hour. have you heard any of the participants complaining that too much time was taken? if not .. what the hell do you care!?

JDesab 11-05-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jamie Gold and the WSOP's willingness to let him discuss hands set back poker one year as I have had to penalize players 100 times for verbally disclosing their hands and showing cards.

Matt Savage

[/ QUOTE ]

Well lose the rule then. It is retarded that you can tell lies about your hand but not the truth. (Except for situations where more than one player is in a hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

horrible rule anyway.

let a poker player say anything he wants to another poker player. that's poker. stop worrying about collusion. stop worrying about losers having their feelings hurt. just let the game do the work.

Anamul 11-05-2007 11:50 PM

Do it once - ok, do it twice, I'll say "nice Hollywood" - do it thrice - it's "clock, pleae" time. Then again I don't get on TV or Final Tables - lololol.

Matt Savage 11-06-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Matt Savage

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

horrible rule anyway.

let a poker player say anything he wants to another poker player. that's poker. stop worrying about collusion. stop worrying about losers having their feelings hurt. just let the game do the work.

[/ QUOTE ]

We worry about collusion so that the players do not have to.

Matt Savage