Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Greatest Movie Sub-Genre: Zombie Flicks (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396626)

suzzer99 05-06-2007 04:35 PM

Re: The Greatest Movie Sub-Genre: Zombie Flicks

[ QUOTE ]
No love for the 1968 classic Night of the Living Dead?

I'm not even a fan of the genre. But this movie is tremendous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best horror movie ever, unless you count Alien. NOTLD is still spooky. Also 28 Days Later may be my personal #2 zombie flick. Any movie that can make me spooked out to walk home late at night - at age 36 - gets some serious dap with me. But I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead since I was a little kid. I need to check it out again.

4_2_it 05-06-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Started out good but you screwed up. Dawn Of The Dead REMAKE??? Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

The original Dawn of the Dead was awesome, but it predated me (I'm only 24, though that's like 195 in zombie years) and I think Ving Rhames is arguably the most badass person ever. I dug the remake. What do you suggest is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Night of the Living Dead >>>> All others

Blarg 05-06-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a big fan of Return of the Living Dead, it's the movie that made me love Zombie movies.

Planet Terror > DOTD remake.

Shaun of the Dead is genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Return of the Dead is probably my favorite too. But I agree with the other guy that the original Dawn of the Dead is probably the best by a wide margin.

Also a big fan of the remake of Dawn, too.

mbillie1 05-06-2007 08:58 PM

Shaun of the Dead was excellent I thought. Aside from the older classics are there any other good cult zombie flicks to see? I've seen "Severed - Forest of the Dead" which involved (get this) hippies, lumberjacks and zombies. As you can no doubt imagine it was pretty awesome. Any other good ones?

MicroBob 05-06-2007 09:32 PM

My weird story with Night of the Living Dead.

I don't like horror movies typically and I knew nothing of this flick.
I was at some multi-level nightclub in Washington DC in the early-mid 90's and this movie was playing on a bunch of different monitors around the place.
But there was no sound of course so I didn't really know what was going on or what even what movie it was.

I thought it was the most amazing LOOKING movie I had ever seen.
I almost liked it better without the sound. Such amazing tension. I was transfixed.
Of course, watching this movie to Ace of Base's "I Saw the Sign" made it all the more surreal.

mbillie1 05-06-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My weird story with Night of the Living Dead.

I don't like horror movies typically and I knew nothing of this flick.
I was at some multi-level nightclub in Washington DC in the early-mid 90's and this movie was playing on a bunch of different monitors around the place.
But there was no sound of course so I didn't really know what was going on or what even what movie it was.

I thought it was the most amazing LOOKING movie I had ever seen.
I almost liked it better without the sound. Such amazing tension. I was transfixed.
Of course, watching this movie to Ace of Base's "I Saw the Sign" made it all the more surreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's bizarre and awesome, I can't even picture what that must have been like.

Jetto 05-06-2007 10:07 PM

I agre with poll..bu i dont wanna wake up to know theres an apocalyptic invasion

snowden719 05-06-2007 10:08 PM

bit off topic, but you should vastly prefer a katana over a chainsaw as the chainsaw will run out of gas at some point leaving you SOL.

Big Poppa Smurf 05-06-2007 10:20 PM

mbillie,

I too have recurring fantasies of waking up in a zombie infested world and going on a rampage of zombie destruction.

mbillie1 05-06-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mbillie,

I too have recurring fantasies of waking up in a zombie infested world and going on a rampage of zombie destruction.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would rule so hard. I pray that science is wrong about everything and one day zombies will start eating people so I can go pwn some zombies.