Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   JAMIE GOLD comes Clean in Interview (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356817)

Anders 03-20-2007 12:57 PM

Re: JAMIE GOLD comes Clean in Interview

[ QUOTE ]
thx for the link. i've been a gold hater and i'm glad i saw this.

no 5-min interview can erase his past dbag-ness, but he seems sincere. he acknowledges mistakes, apologizes and wants another chance. fair enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it seems like he was even about to tear up a bit in the middle there. Reminds me of a 5th grader being forced by a teacher to apologize for stealing the 4th graders' kickball [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

rafiki 03-20-2007 01:09 PM

someone have a link to what he said after the win ? I totally missed all that goodness.

isapistola 03-20-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know that kaplan is a good poker player too, but in this case (hsp 3) gold was horrible and kaplan on the other side showed up his poker skills
and i of a wsop winner i expect some better plays.

[/ QUOTE ]
cash games = tournaments

rafiki 03-20-2007 01:26 PM

ok I found the original drama. haha what a scumbag

NicksDad1970 03-20-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not getting the endorsement deals that the previous 3 Champions got. He's now realizing that acting the part of a total @$$ has cost him a lot of money. Joe Hachem is still getting the good endorsement deals and public and TV appearances like Gold never happened.

Notice how he blames others for his arrogance after the win then says it was his fault they kept people away. Who is they? No one has forgot what he said and the way he acted. He'll be gone from the poker scene for good after the 2007 WSOP. Sorry dude, it's probably too late, you blew it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I remember Gold saying (when it was down to about 20 people in the WSOP ME) he was thinking of dumping the tourney. He said he didn't want to do endorsements etc. He wanted to stay behind the scenes.

That doesn't mean people don't lie or change their minds.

who knows

P.S. - He seems to scream for acceptance more than Mike the Mouth.

Rushmore 03-20-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i still don't like him.. not very likable person.. also what he played on hsp season 3 was awful! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
even gabe kaplan did better :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people keep saying sh*t like this?

Gabe kaplan would hand most of the players on these boards their asses pretty quick.

Rushmore 03-20-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID...d56a76aaf842d4

talks about the lawsuit and stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think he's a d-bag, and yes, he was an utter buffoon.

That said, he seems sincere here, and I am inclined to cut him some slack.

We're all supposed to be fairly adept at reading people here. Do you all not read him for actual sincerity?

snakewicked 03-20-2007 04:07 PM

In addition to the video, it's worth reading, if you're into that, the interview he did with us at WCP a day or so later. More apologies with some mea culpa on the lawsuit, a bit on a bathroom encounter with Mike Matusow and a bold statement that he'll final table at this year's WSOP.

Link to interview here.

Or bypass the link and just read the key excerpts below:

On the WSOP this year:
"I know this is the thing you guys are going to kill me on, but I think I'll make the final table this year. I know you're gonna slam me on this, but that's what I believe."

On being an ambassador and making mistakes:
"Poker deserves a really high profile ambassador and I couldn't do it. I made some mistakes. I [censored] some things up. I followed some bad advice. I hope I can change that now."

On the lawsuit:
"I had a lawyer and he had a lawyer and they both started screaming at each other and then wouldn't return each other's calls and the next thing you know I was being sued. So it seems to me he got some really bad advice. But I got some bad advice too. And it was just a misunderstanding. It never should've happened."

moving shapes 03-20-2007 05:14 PM

he should come on here and tell crazy stories like brandi

Weir 03-20-2007 06:35 PM

OMG SOMEONE CUT OFF JAMIE GOLD'S HEAD AND PUT IT ON ANOTHER BODY.

AND HE SEEMS ALMOST LIKE NOT THE BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG IN THE WORLD.

THERE IS A GOD, AND HE IS GREAT!!!!!!!!1