Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AQs vs a Reg - i hate making big folds (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547449)

cs3 11-16-2007 07:21 AM

Re: AQs vs a Reg - i hate making big folds

that really isnt a sound argument

ok, lets say villain shoved the turn.
are we calling then?

tubasteve 11-16-2007 07:26 AM

why isnt it a sound argument? if you were beat often enough on the turn to fold, you're still beat the same amount of the time except your equity against his range is actually worse since you blanked.

on the turn, if he shoved i personally would probably stack off. but im really stubborn about folding in these spots and it could be -EV. im just never confident enough to fold, and you dont have to win it every time anyway.

cs3 11-16-2007 07:31 AM

what hands are you putting him on?

tubasteve 11-16-2007 07:37 AM

flushes, probably QTs+, sometimes 44, sometimes JJ

im pretty tired so im going to bed, i could be convinced that this is a fold but you're gonna have to give me some compelling arguments to wake up to. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] maybe if someone could do some pokerstoving based on that range i just gave it would help...im too lazy to do all the different flush combos.

shpanko 11-16-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone check the turn back?

[/ QUOTE ]

god no

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain yourself tubasteve, What are you putting villain on here where betting the turn is correct? How many Qx hands are in his overcalling range pf? What is he likely calling our flop bet with?

orange 11-16-2007 12:56 PM

agreed w/ shpanko. i think a turn check has to at least be considered here. honestly, i think he c/r-es any Q on the flop and the amount of Qs in his range are slim. KQs/QJs? v. a tighter passive reg, i doubt we'll be getting 3 streets of value v. like...TT or whatever.

shpanko 11-16-2007 01:10 PM

Those were my thoughts. I feel like villain either has:

1.) Spades and is going to c/r

or

2.) A mid range pocket pair like 77-TT

If he has a worse Q he's usually c/r'ing the flop or leading the turn imo. That's why I seriously consider a turn check.

pineapple888 11-16-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agreed w/ shpanko. i think a turn check has to at least be considered here. honestly, i think he c/r-es any Q on the flop and the amount of Qs in his range are slim. KQs/QJs? v. a tighter passive reg, i doubt we'll be getting 3 streets of value v. like...TT or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot control FTW. We are getting value from almost nothing on the turn, and we are protecting vs. almost nothing.

shpanko 11-16-2007 06:13 PM

Me and Pineapple rarely agree so you know that turn check is prob a good line [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

crunchi 11-16-2007 07:21 PM

I also agree with checking the turn.

Think about how many combos of Q he can have. AT BEST around 10?

Compare this to the combos of flushes and boats. Probably 25+