Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   vigorish's post (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310238)

Gildwulf 01-24-2007 11:42 PM

Re: vigorish\'s post

I sent a pm to vigorish and told him to not talk about it in other forums. I agree that it may set a bad precedent and realized that when I allowed his post to continue in bbv. Judging from his posts in bbv and this thread and his behaviour towards me in PMs I would say there is >99% chance he is telling the truth. Feel free to follow through on those leads if anyone is skeptical (the hospitals).

Nick B. 01-25-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I sent a pm to vigorish and told him to not talk about it in other forums. I agree that it may set a bad precedent and realized that when I allowed his post to continue in bbv. Judging from his posts in bbv and this thread and his behaviour towards me in PMs I would say there is >99% chance he is telling the truth. Feel free to follow through on those leads if anyone is skeptical (the hospitals).

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] happens, that's life. Should we allow people who lose their house gambling to post threads asking for money? There are just so many ways for it to be a scam, and even it is not a scam, it still doesn't belong.

daryn 01-25-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] happens, that's life. Should we allow people who lose their house gambling to post threads asking for money? There are just so many ways for it to be a scam, and even it is not a scam, it still doesn't belong.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so correct.

nation 01-25-2007 02:32 AM

i agree with daryn and nick. i feel bad for them but i dont even want to post in that thread because i'm so uncomfortable with the idea of all this asking for donations etc.

Gildwulf 01-25-2007 10:27 AM

Hey,

I agree it could set a bad precedent. I have told him to tone it down and limit anything talking about the situation to BBV. If he talks about it anywhere else, delete his posts.

As for having him in bbv, he is an immense value-added and the people love him there (mostly because he has a hot wife but also because he is a really nice guy and he makes a bunch of degenerate a-holes feel good about themselves). Also, Matt approved it if he provided proof and he gave a shitton of proof. If people want it out of bbv, then take it up with Ryan and Matt. I won't take offense.

Dids 01-25-2007 11:41 AM

Given what Vig's shared, I think we can let our posters make up their own minds. We're under no obligation to protect them from being stupid.

Gildwulf 01-25-2007 12:06 PM

Also, thanks for pointing out someone that Matt=Mat:) Whoops.

daryn 01-25-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given what Vig's shared, I think we can let our posters make up their own minds. We're under no obligation to protect them from being stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

it does open the door though right? there are a ton of "respected posters" around here. what if some tragedy happens to one of them? why is "wife getting cancer" more serious than "my house was destroyed in a tornado" or "i lost everything i have playing BJ in vegas"

Mike Haven 01-25-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why is "wife getting cancer" more serious than "my house was destroyed in a tornado" or "i lost everything i have playing BJ in vegas"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd guess you're not married? Or that you have any normal personal relationship with a sibling or a parent?

Dids 01-25-2007 06:33 PM

daryn,

In those situations I think it's equally buyer beware. I think the 2p2 community is good enough at self policing for this kinda stuff that I have some faith in their ability not to let this go crazy/get totally hoodwinked.