Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   QJ hits top pair on drawy board vs jalexand42 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512304)

jfish 10-01-2007 02:23 PM

Re: QJ hits top pair on drawy board vs jalexand42

call 1, fold 2,3.

MYNAMEIZGREG 10-01-2007 02:43 PM

c/f or b/f.

DJ Sensei 10-01-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call 1, fold 2,3.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, that seems like the obvious choice because draws did or did not get there. but I think its a little trickier than that. The fact that our line is a little weird doesnt help, as we've got a tougher time figuring what he puts us on.

On the one hand, 2 and 3 allow him to fire the third barrel because a draw and/or overcard came in, so he should be firing it light against our weak made hands to blow us out. similarly, 1 makes no such draw, so he shouldnt bluff our weak made hands as much, as we're more likely to call.

on the other hand, if he puts us on a draw, he's likely to fire all three if his hand lacks good showdown value, but only fire 2/3 if he thinks he has a strong enough hand to valuebet

given that we c/c a pretty sizeable bet on the turn oop, he's gotta put us on a hand with some showdown value, which maybe makes it even tougher, because its somewhere between the two sections.

jfish 10-01-2007 02:55 PM

given its 4 to the flop and goofy has a notoriously nitty image, jalex calling a cbet first to act should actually show more strength than usual. i dont think he would turn a made hand into a bluff on scare card rivs.

aislephive 10-01-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call 1, fold 2,3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think the 3 makes the river a call while 2 is a fold?

FWIW I think they're all a fold.

Nick Royale 10-01-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call 1, fold 2,3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think the 3 makes the river a call while 2 is a fold?

FWIW I think they're all a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Flush...

aislephive 10-01-2007 03:03 PM

Oh yeah. Would've helped if Goofy posted the board in that post but w/e.

I still think they're all a fold though. And if I checked the turn I wouldn't be looking to call a bet either.

ddubois 10-01-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he's gonna make a move on you with a worse hand, its probably gonna be on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there's two players behind jalex on the flop. if he's making a move, it's pretty sick.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's zero behind on the turn. Don't you think that would embolden delayed semi-bluffs?

Nick Royale 10-01-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
given its 4 to the flop and goofy has a notoriously nitty image, jalex calling a cbet first to act should actually show more strength than usual. i dont think he would turn a made hand into a bluff on scare card rivs.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really think he'll have any made hands worse than QJ on the river? Can't see what made hand he's calling the c-bet with given hero's image and that the flop was 4-ways.

Fwiw I'd definately call 1, and most likely fold the other two. Can't see many better hands he can have on the river scenario 1.

HustlerLA 10-01-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
crai is good also c/f

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f seems so weak but it may actually be best if you dont think a c/r gets AQ and KQ out. If you think he has a draw here a ton then, I like the c/r.