Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NFL News (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481095)

niss 08-19-2007 10:19 PM

Re: NFL News

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard they've weakened the Roughing penalty this year. It has to be on purpose,a hard enough hit, and late enough to count as the 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's at least a start, if true ... link please

Jack Bando 08-19-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard they've weakened the Roughing penalty this year. It has to be on purpose,a hard enough hit, and late enough to count as the 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's at least a start, if true ... link please

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on NFL Live last week, no link.

Vyse 08-19-2007 11:08 PM

This is [censored] amazing.

T-God 08-20-2007 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once again, the NFL has not done anything about the 15-yard roughing the passer penalty. I have thought for years that they need to add a 5-yard "running into the QB" penalty for those accidental, incidental situations that shouldn't be game changing.

So, no matter how great NFL football is, we can be assured that there will be a handful of games that will turn on some accidental, late contact with the QB on 3rd and long, giving the offense a first down and 15 yards late in the game when they should have been punting.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a completely appropriate post in this thread.

BillNye 08-20-2007 02:11 AM

Rookie running back Adrian Peterson has impressed in his first camp, and coaches say he might also be the team's best quarterback

Even tho Jackson will be a stud, this was really funny to me.

niss 08-20-2007 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once again, the NFL has not done anything about the 15-yard roughing the passer penalty. I have thought for years that they need to add a 5-yard "running into the QB" penalty for those accidental, incidental situations that shouldn't be game changing.

So, no matter how great NFL football is, we can be assured that there will be a handful of games that will turn on some accidental, late contact with the QB on 3rd and long, giving the offense a first down and 15 yards late in the game when they should have been punting.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a completely appropriate post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am retarded. Dammit.

SL__72 08-20-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
New head coach Mike Tomlin has punished players who show up late to meetings or practices by making them share a laundry basket with running back Najeh Davenport.

[/ QUOTE ]

That and this:

[ QUOTE ]
New head coach Ken Whisenhunt has done away with the three-man offensive line the Cardinals used last year

[/ QUOTE ]

were my favorites.

kyro 08-20-2007 10:38 AM

Several Patriots appear surprised at how much Randy Moss' skills have diminished. Especially Reche Caldwell

Jack Bando 08-20-2007 12:29 PM

Wide receiver Roy Williams says that if the score means nothing again this year, the Lions will go 16-0

Brett Favre and his receivers spent much of camp working on timing patterns in which Favre heaves the ball wildly down the field and his receivers try to pull it out of the air just before the defense intercepts it

Teammates have begun calling Cadillac Williams "Yugo," "Hyundai" or "1976 AMC Pacer"

Coaches say Shaun Alexander is back to 100 percent and can run out of bounds as quickly as ever.

Tyler Durden 08-20-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Several Patriots appear surprised at how much Randy Moss' skills have diminished. Especially Reche Caldwell

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this one, can someone explain it?