Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Barry Tanenbaum's new book, review? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472406)

Adman 09-10-2007 02:09 AM

Re: Barry Tanenbaum\'s new book, review?

Gelford, can you tell us a bit more about the book please? Very interested to hear.

Thanks.

numbnuts007 09-10-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gelford, can you tell us a bit more about the book please? Very interested to hear.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please, also, where did you order it from? thanks.

Gelford 09-10-2007 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure ... only trouble is that I am (after nearing two years of living of poker) starting in a new job today, so I dunno when I'll have time and in the mood to read it, but I'll update you when I have more impressions.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes please, also, where did you order it from? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Highstakes.co.uk ... they also claim to be shipping me the shorthanded book this week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

steamboatin 09-10-2007 08:56 AM

Remember Gelford is across the pond and on the same side of the Atlantic as the publisher and printer.

Mike, I was just about to PM you to see if you had them, I assume from your post the answer is no and I can save my Estamp.

timmer 09-12-2007 01:58 PM

they (Amazon) still contend I will receive this book sometime between sept 13 (tomorrow) and sept 23rd 2007

seems like they have presold all the first shipment and then some.

Professionalpoker 09-12-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they (Amazon) still contend I will receive this book sometime between sept 13 (tomorrow) and sept 23rd 2007

seems like they have presold all the first shipment and then some.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have strong doubts. The USA distributor told me yesterday they have not reached their warehouse yet but are expecting it soon. Once the USA warehouse gets them allow 1-2 weeks for Amazon to get then in and through their system. I hope to get them in a few days after the warehouse.

Adman 09-12-2007 08:51 PM

I have ordered mine from some mob in the UK. Heres hoping........

Adman 09-12-2007 08:53 PM

The one I'm really really excited about is the shorthand book. From the extract I read on D&B's site this one looks very exciting indeed. I've got a feeling this one is destined for "bible status" when it comes to shorthanded games, much like SSHE was for loose games.