Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   guess what villian called with LOL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320200)

BarryLyndon 01-31-2007 05:32 PM

Re: guess what villian called with LOL

Fold preflop, I guess, unless you have a read at the table (you have not provided on).

You guys are so deep that I can't see how reraising this flop isn't the most optimal play.

Perseus 01-31-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well despite his crap post flop play, he had you dominated preflop, which is why people are saying fold or raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understand this completely, but the guy in postion on these types of hands also wins most of the time, i guess im just not to the point yet where i feel comfortable 3 betting here and also dont like folding it in position...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but unless you have a specific read (which you didn't originally give), i think it is never correct here to 3-bet A9s in this spot. I disagree completely with others that think so.

carnivalhobo 01-31-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well despite his crap post flop play, he had you dominated preflop, which is why people are saying fold or raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understand this completely, but the guy in postion on these types of hands also wins most of the time, i guess im just not to the point yet where i feel comfortable 3 betting here and also dont like folding it in position...

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see how you think position is going to help you out a lot in these hands unless you are floating and bluffraising a lot of flops. I would rather have a small pair or a suited connector in this spot, FWIW i dont like 3betting here either, i think folding is clearly the best play.

ZingyDNA 01-31-2007 05:33 PM

You guys realize the PFR has 170 bbs and we cover him, right? Calling in position is not bad at all.

Abramovic 01-31-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys realize the PFR has 170 bbs and we cover him, right? Calling in position is not bad at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt notice that, but you make a strong case.

carnivalhobo 01-31-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

people use this as an excuse all the time. i want a better read like PFR is a calling station who will stack off for those 170bbs if i make a hand. Otherwise playing marginal hands EVEN in position against a decent player isnt going to be profitable. What im getting at is for the deepstacks to matter at all we have to be sure we play better than the PFR and are willing to make some plays for pots. calling with any suited crap just because stacks are deep is a good way to make sure your stack gets back to 100bb real quick. I have no problem with calling or repoping here with either better aces or pairs/sc's i just think this particular hand is crap.

Also, if one of the blinds or the button is a station that you want to play pots with, then is would be a decent argument as well.

allaboutmyfetti 01-31-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's ususally the person who has the continued aggression from PF who wins these pots most of the time ... unless as CV said you are doing a lot of floating / bluffraising.

Perseus 01-31-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well if we cover him then I totally see how 3-betting a UTG+1 from the CO with a dominated hand preflop is the correct play.

DaCooler 01-31-2007 05:41 PM

i float a fair bit against the right people

Casper05 01-31-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is why the games will never be completely dead, and why i would take my chances at a table full of "2+2ers"

[/ QUOTE ]