Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Bears 2006 Season Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=208934)

kevkev60614 09-18-2006 09:47 AM

Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

Chicago plays Seattle at home Oct 1st on Sunday night football. I think we're going to learn a lot about the Bears that game. Not to overlook the Vikes, but...

I saw the Lions massacre live, my first time in Soldier Field since the reconstruction. It was awesome.

Chris Collinsworth commented yesterday that if the Bears can keep up this kind of offense, he's picking them for the Super Bowl.

capone0 09-18-2006 10:06 AM

Bears have a relatively easy schedule. The Seattle, Giants, New England games are the really ones of notes. They get the 9ers, Zona, Miami (don't look too good), Jets, St Louis, Tampa and Buffalo as their non division "cake-walk" opponents left. They could potentially win the conference, they might not be the best team but they should win a lot of games. Although, if they do beat Seattle, they might be the best team in the conference.

davelin 09-18-2006 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Collinsworth commented yesterday that if the Bears can keep up this kind of offense, he's picking them for the Super Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, way to put it all on the line there Cris.

Case Closed 09-18-2006 11:56 AM

sluss,

I know what you mean, it's hard to not get really excited. It's great to have a taste of a real offense for once. Although Rex will have to pay everyone once and a while for his aggression.

Hester looks like a great talent, but man he needs to tone it down a bit. That one return worried the [censored] out of me yesterday.

Brian707 09-18-2006 12:08 PM

It will be great to see this team on turf. If the defense looked fast the first two games it will look even faster on the turf. I just hope Rex stays healthy

bugstud 09-18-2006 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It will be great to see this team on turf. If the defense looked fast the first two games it will look even faster on the turf. I just hope Rex stays healthy

[/ QUOTE ]

they've done worse on turf, much worse, IIRC.

That said, this team is living up to the lofty expectations and just needs to avoid key injury.

Russ M. 09-24-2006 04:14 PM

Bump for what will be considered a big win. It's still getting ridiculous that this team cannot run the ball, though.

MyTurn2Raise 09-24-2006 04:16 PM

puke...ridiculous how Minny handed the game over

The Bears are probably a better team, but Minny should've won today. They just didn't take advantage of their chances and handed the Bears a golden egg.

Jack of Arcades 09-24-2006 04:22 PM

What you don't seem to understand is that Minnesota sucks. They've been handing games away for a while now, but teams have handed it right back to them.

MyTurn2Raise 09-24-2006 04:25 PM

no...I understand how Minny sucks. I said the Bears are probably a better team. However, today was a Minny win most of the time.